Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
What's that lovely looking contraption in engineering?
Cogwerks Wrote:I'll keep kicking the idea around though.
There could be some awesome gimmicks with it. Traitors tying clowns to the railway, an assistant derailing it, causing it to crash into a department and cause massive harm, a bomb rigged tram heading towards the next stop. ENDLESS. POTENTIAL.
Grab + wire in nonactive hand

Place grab on railing.

Dumb Pubbie is being tied to railing

Dumb Pubbie is now tied to railing.

Dumb Pubbie (radio stuff) says "OH GOD, HELP, I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE"

Option 1: someone frees pubbie

option 2: the train comes by and dumb pubbie is gibbed.

Combine this with the voting machine thread for horrible forms of execution.

Vote: Should Traitor be run over by train?
Did anyone else notice that brig looks alot easier to break out of now...there one window facing a matenice place and there also a window facing a door to the hallway....Is there going to be anything added to the brig to balance out the easier to escape locations?
pizzatiger Wrote:Did anyone else notice that brig looks alot easier to break out of now...there one window facing a matenice place and there also a window facing a door to the hallway....Is there going to be anything added to the brig to balance out the easier to escape locations?

Brig layout seems fine to me. The possibilty for more good ol fashioned jail breaks and or jail riots is a certain plus.
I have a question about the arc smelter? Will it be vacuum based or be a plasma heater. A combination of both? Or it will it be the classic direct current crucible method.
I remember the problem with the last map's brig and it having windows to the public walkways. People would always break the damn windows from the public like every round. The brig was usually out of commission 10 minutes in.
Re: arc smelter, I have no idea right now, that's part of the materials revamp side-project.
I think a vacuum cooled smelter is kind of feasible since it's done in space. A plasma gaseous diffuser that uses plasma for cerenkite enrichment would be also cool.
icarus Wrote:the tram thing was something cool about Mars Station (rip in peace) and i've been disappointed ever since that it hasn't made a return

i could see a mix of the tram with the tube pod thinge: a clear pipe going around the outside station with a tram inside to move people, stopping at various departments. would make transport more interesting (especially if those are airbridges i see) and more potential ways to kill people going around the station (break the tube off at a corner and see how the tram riders react on their train-turned-shuttle)

That really was one of the coolest features of MarsOutpost. It was a little iffy but when it worked, it worked, and it was pretty cool. It might not work as well on the space station, though, since there likely wouldn't be any good way to get it to go across an area of open space (a rail in space without walls around it) without there being some way to prevent it from depressurizing an area whenever it goes into or leaves an area. And rails WOULD have to go across space to keep it so that space crafts can get closer to the center the way they do now.

Maybe some kind of air bridge system? But for the most part, I just don't see it working on this station.
Yeah those mysterious rails on mining station confuse me.
The coder who was working on those never finished them, and I doubt any rail stuff will happen anytime soon. Let's not get too.... DERAILED by that topic cool
Cogwerks Wrote:The coder who was working on those never finished them, and I doubt any rail stuff will happen anytime soon. Let's not get too.... DERAILED by that topic cool
aaaa ilu cogs
Since the thread has gone off the rails.

Is there any chance the jazz lounge will be exclusive to botanists? the location looks like it's going to be locked away from other crewmen.

Also the goonhub map looks like it doesn't exist anymore.
atomic1fire Wrote:Also the goonhub map looks like it doesn't exist anymore.

I changed the links.

Cogmap2 Zoomable Map.