Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
[Image: 9ZMLJE2.png]
That botany layout looks so peaceful I love it
Cogwerks Wrote:[Image: 9ZMLJE2.png]
Hmm. Those windows look really easy to break for some reason. I love how botany looks but it seems like if just ONE syndie RPG was launched at botany the whole place would break apart.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:-snip-
Hmm. Those windows look really easy to break for some reason. I love how botany looks but it seems like if just ONE syndie RPG was launched at botany the whole place would break apart.

I dunno if he mentioned it here on the public forums, but on the SA forums he confirmed that reinforced windows don't have a new sprite yet, so for right now he's just laying stuff out with regular windows.
One RPG can already wreck the shit out of the current map's hydroponics dome though, this one is mostly just a mirror image of it.
Also who's gonna be growing melons on a nuke round?
Cogwerks Wrote:One RPG can already wreck the shit out of the current map's hydroponics dome though, this one is mostly just a mirror image of it.
Also who's gonna be growing melons on a nuke round?
You'd be surprised how oblivious botanists are.
Probably 8 times out of 10 botanists won't give a fart/say hi when syndicates fly by. Knowing how easy it is to get in, I wouldn't want to provoke them.
are those airbridges connecting the sections?

a station idea i've been kicking around was a fleet of ship things where every department is it's own ship linked by airbridges/tons of docks for miniputts, and i think that'd be an interesting design for this station (minus the docks)

could lead to some cool events when the airbridges go out and people are trapped on one of the ships, or if one of the ships slipped away from the other two
I meant more of like, will there be a solarium 2.0 with new story. You pretty much said yes so I'm stoked.
All I care about is that I support Botany's move. It looks easier to give shit to the barkeeper and chef.

Oh, and a question about the barkeeper. The barkeep is connected to kitchen (not bar) and the outside. Does this mean Barkeep has access to the Kitchen?
Just a suggestion for the new walls. They look cool but they have perspective problems.

Would it be possible for the walls to change to different perspective sprites depending on which side of the wall you on? But then you would have to extend the wall surface to look taller. It should avoid making the intercoms look like they on the ceiling and it wont make them look like they as big as the wall itself.
I think I explained that like a complete nana.
Tteckk Wrote:Just a suggestion for the new walls. They look cool but they have perspective problems.

Would it be possible for the walls to change to different perspective sprites depending on which side of the wall you on? But then you would have to extend the wall surface to look taller. It should avoid making the intercoms look like they on the ceiling and it wont make them look like they as big as the wall itself.
I think I explained that like a complete nana.
I agree that something needs to be done with the walls. The sprites clash horribly with all of the old wall-mounted texture sprites
Please don't worry about the intercoms and wall decal stuff right now, those are all being reworked. Also the transitions between walls and windows look better in-game when the autojoining process runs, I just didn't feel patient enough to manually place all those border pieces manually.

Quote:Just a suggestion for the new walls. They look cool but they have perspective problems.

Would it be possible for the walls to change to different perspective sprites depending on which side of the wall you on?

No, that's not at all practical to do. Also the entire game has perspective issues. I kinda regret even showing screencaps with the early graphics redesign stuff since everyone keeps griping about things that are obviously gonna be fixed, and that's not even my project so I'm tired of talking about the details of it. Saying the walls look bad because of the wall-mounted junk isn't very useful when people keep repeating it, it's just gonna annoy the shit out of the guy who is working on both of those things already.

The new map layout is still in a fairly early stage.

Super useful feedback for this part of the process: general traffic issues, room placement and proximity, mood and aesthetics, department interactions, access issues, stuff like that.

Things that are not useful at this point (but will be later on): worrying about specific items in rooms, requests/complaints about things that don't exist yet or are still major works in progress that other people are doing, minor room details, etc.
Sorry..
I just saw the walls in the actual map and thought they were finished... frown
Ill go to the corner now.
I said this in the SA thread, but I think it'd be nice if the bar table was extended to that third side and the gambling machines were moved somewhere else, like the game room.

I know that the only reason most people gamble is because they are in the bar so if you somehow jammed the game room close to the bar so people could see into the bar from it I think it'd work well.