Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
H E L L B U R N

[Image: fewMD1u.png]
Yeah. I apparently lied about the switching working so swimmingly; it still tanks hard. Oh well, par for the course. Or maybe I have always just sucked at it. Props to Lamar for finding the right hole, regardless. From there everything more or less reverts to the old style, barring a few interesting quirks here and there.
The monitoring room in engineering really needs a remote PTL interface. It sucks that I can't set up the PTL while the engine room's on fire.
I agree, but I sorta feel like it's an intentional part of the design. There is a heavy-fire suit located in the engine room. That, plus internals and a ready supply of burn meds, should make the PTL accessible.
I'm conflicted on it. You could lump n2 in there. You could let also co2 buildup naturally. I tend to drop my leftover burnmix in the core so the co2 buildup usually nixes the fire by the time I even want to bother with the PTL. With a firesuit, internals, a burn kit and two fire extinguishers you'll have no problems from literally walking through the flames all round.The best I usually hope for is that the AI shows interest in it.

Overall I think it's a pretty good setup. The PTL is a super-dangerous laser that when used properly cuts off a main hallway. 3 borgs died in a recent burn of mine because they thought they could tank it. I think a few more people perished to the doors they opened. If we engineers shoot a super deadly laser across a main hallway, which completely blocks traffic, then we should probably be put at some risk and annoyance ourselves. v
[Image: 8WSUZ2C.png]

The engine was SO hot, it literally set fire to any locker you would open.

[Image: jN8S8Co.gif]
I've gotten questions about the hole. The hole is basically a hole under the combustion chamber vents. I plop mine down after I ignite the mix; haven't had a problem yet. Unlike the last engine I can actually use both injectors and still get gains. I was originally plopping a hole under the vent directly in front of the injector I was using, but plopping one in the middle seems to work just the same. I find that going any lower or higher tends to have more mixed results. In my case, higher did nothing and lower killed the flames and made atmos weird.

[Image: 3d8a8508d6.jpg]

PS: The "Black Suit" is Sexy.
Vitatroll Wrote:Something

Using both vents is dumb, you're literally wasting energy there.
ErikHanson Wrote:

Using both vents is dumb, you're literally wasting energy there.
I was thinking more along the lines of fuelcan transition. I like running engines on extended every once in a while. When I do, I'm always frustrated at the amount of output I lose when switching cans. If this mitigates that in any way I'll be very happy.

Oh, and the engine wiring:

[Image: zBcl5gZ.png]

wat v
Vitatroll Wrote:
ErikHanson Wrote:
Something else
Something different

I've never had that happen, just put the new can behind you, remove the old can, pull the new can into place, and you're done
Ah, well there's my problem. Cog1 logic is affecting me. My last setups with the cog1 engine had to do with inducing the negative pressure bug. This seemed to require that all rooms stay mostly sealed, but that went especially for the hotloop. I actually used to cut all the wires in the hotloop doors to prevent wandering. This meant that I had to run the whole system with pumps for the most part, so I couldn't manually exchange cans.

That's basically the long way of sayin' "ya I fucked up". v