Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rearrange verbs
So we've now got a Ghost tab containing only Observe, a Special Verbs tab with Re-enter corpse, Teleport and Toggle Health (which seems to do nothing) and Toggle Deadchat Range which is in the Commands tab for some reason. This seems pretty silly. Could all of these be put into one tab?
OK, Toggle Health does work, it just takes a while after clicking it.
Also: Could there be a way for ghosts to see AI laws? They can already see pretty much anything else.
Dabir Wrote:Also: Could there be a way for ghosts to see AI laws? They can already see pretty much anything else.
That's a poor idea because you'd get people getting cloned and shouting "THE AI HAS THIS LAW KILL/RESET HE"
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Dabir Wrote:Also: Could there be a way for ghosts to see AI laws? They can already see pretty much anything else.
That's a poor idea because you'd get people getting cloned and shouting "THE AI HAS THIS LAW KILL/RESET HE"
Can't ghosts already see the borg/ai speak?
You'd get it about as often as people being cloned and shouting "PUB SCRUBSON IS LING KILL HE". Which is rare enough that I don't actually remember ever seeing it.
KikiMofo Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Can't ghosts already see the borg/ai speak?
Yes but borg/AI speak can also be seen with an easy to make implant, so any borg or AI that talks about being rogue before it is known by the crew in that chat is an idiot anyhow.

Dabir Wrote:You'd get it about as often as people being cloned and shouting "PUB SCRUBSON IS LING KILL HE". Which is rare enough that I don't actually remember ever seeing it.
It happens all the time. Any time somebody gets killed by a traitor and cloned, they tell the whole crew who it was. At least, 90% of the time.
Well, sure, they got killed by the guy. But they don't instantly name and shame every traitor on the station who happened to say or do something while they were looking.
Can't you just click the AI terminal to see its laws now? I don't know if ghosts can do it but whatever.

Either way I agree the tabs could use some cleaning up. Especially since the Ship tab doesn't even come up sometimes, which is REALLY obnoxious.
You can, but ghosts still can't do that, they can only examine it. That's my point.
Just noticed Toggle Tab WASD, which has a terrible name, is under its own Toggles tab. This is pretty silly.
Hello! I am the guy who has taken it upon himself to re-do a lot of the verb stuff recently. Thus far my improvements have been to the admin interface but I will get to player one soon enough.

Unsurprisingly, verb code is a giant clusterfuck that I have been trying to figure out. The main issue here is that if I mess something up, suddenly every player loses the Examine verb or whatever the hell, so I have to be extra careful.

So yeah, you'll be seeing improvements soon.