Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roboticist Toolbelt
This suggestion is probably more for cogmap 2 and future maps, but would it be possible for Roboticists to have easy access, or even start with, a toolbelt? Each round I play roboticist I tend to spend an amount of time sourcing one out, simply because it is easier for me to store all my tools on that, and any borging resources into my backpack.

Tl;dr Can Roboticists please have toolbelts, or easy access to said toolbelts? Thanks.
There's a fairly close toolbelt or two in the room next to the podbay. Having them closer would definitely be appreciated, though.
You can take the medical belt in the lockers in Surgery and use that exactly the same now
Yeah, sure, I'll add some belts to robotics storage soon.
Anything is better than donut, with its total of like 7 belts in the entire station.
Robotics has some belts now, Mechanics have some more toolboxes.
If there's other stuff you think a department should start out with, lemme know. Some amount of having to go fetch stuff elsewhere is expected, to get people out and about in the station, so keep that in mind.
Much obliged, cogwerks.
While you're at it cogs, wouldn't it make scene for the roboticists to have insulated gloves? I mean, they are working with live electronics all day, and from a gameplay standpoint, it would allow them to hack their fabricators to speed 5 without them having to mooch of the mechanics, plus give them the ability to last a little longer when their own metal children turn against them.
McDogles Wrote:..the roboticists to have insulated gloves..

Bringing themail thread out of retirement for this.
McDogles Wrote:While you're at it cogs, wouldn't it make scene for the roboticists to have insulated gloves? I mean, they are working with live electronics all day, and from a gameplay standpoint, it would allow them to hack their fabricators to speed 5 without them having to mooch of the mechanics, plus give them the ability to last a little longer when their own metal children turn against them.
You know, maybe there should be some shock risks working on borgs without gloves when they have a live battery installed?
In most things there's only one wire you need to avoid. Once you know that wire you know it for every other door/fab/etc. This means you can effectively hack everything with a screwdriver, multitool, wirecutter, and a single burn patch. All of which are currently in robotics.

I'd only see robuttmans getting insulated gloves if robotics was changed to where they needed them, like in Frank's suggestion. Though I imagine robutts would run on DC.