Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Make Nukie gear can degrade by acid in Nadir map.
We all know that nukie in Nadir quite has advantage on nadir. This gear not degrade and didn’t need nano loom in opposite the other does.
I suggest to nerf nukie on this map by Make all equipment gear ( suit , helmet , armor , shoe ) can degrade by time from aqua terabene. 
This will make nukie to preparation more because their gear alone can’t stand so long enough 10 minute. Which make the game fair and balance.
I mean I understand where your coming from but there is a reason nukies armor is so resitant to pretty much all elements, and that is nukies are supposed to be well prepared as to fight off a large crew pressence. That is why nukies come with things like extended air tanks that can last the whole nuke timer and then some because nukies really can't go off in the middle of the fight and find a o2 tank. Having nukies armor degrade quickly in the acid would cause them to either A: go off in the middle of battle and find a nanoloom which may be very far away or just flat out blown up or B: have to carry a nanoloom on them which would push the already very little storage nukies have (assuming your any class that has to carry their weapon on their back you have at most 5 storage slots in a belt and 2 pocket slots which usually go to ammo and air). And my final point on this other sets of gear like dive suits and the miners industrial armor just dont degrade in less then 10 mins im not sure the exact time it takes to break but i have mined for over 20 mins in acid without even getting my gear down to red in the degrade circle.
Yeah the syndies are suppose to be a strong force built for combat to do a specific thing. The crew is not made for combat and are unprepared for them.
You can also see it like this... Nukies have the same budget as the station has.

The station has codes and has to adhere to things, having to spend a lot of time and money in various jobs, places and have a profitable location that works.

Nukies... buy a nuke for cheap, have a decent ship and the rest of the money is all spend on combat gear.

The average nukie crew is still "SMALLER" then a full security team. Add all the other stuff... and you can see why NT has to skimp on some costs to keep a station flowing.
Where as Nukies do not even need pay.... Or food.... they just go in , plant a bomb, go to town and probably die nuking a station unless they go back to home base. (Wich you can also Nuke.... funny ending)

So yea where NT has to secure cloning and escape shuttles. Nukies just gotta nuke it. Thus they get the perfect suit to withstand acid since there is only like 8 of them.
Where as NT has to provide 60+ people with a working station and enough suits for security, mining and engineering. As well as a few for people who want to go out.
So suddenly the costs drive up.
Maybe to atleast make it a little more even, nukie armor can be somewhat more resistant to acid, but they still start with a nanoloom they have to use to top off their armor half way through or something
i think the better solution would be to buff crew vs nukies, rather than nerf the nukies themselves. especially with such a drastic measure like that. having easier accessible and more powerful anti-acid gear and supplies for crew to pull out in emergency, like in EVA, armory, or QM, would help a bit.
You could also disable nukeops on Nadir like blob is.