Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pressure Sensor Rename Suggestions
hello folks I've been meaning to make this post for awhile but kept forgetting

the pressure sensor (beloved toxins tool) shares a name with the pressure sensor (more popular mechcomp component) which has caused confusion in a decent handful of conversations I've had including when mhelping or trying to explain things to newbees and I think it could benefit from a name that isn't already in use and also potentially is clearer about what it actually is

the best idea I've come up with is "Pressure Crystal Analyzer" which is frankly not as snappy or nice as Pressure Sensor so I'm here to get better name suggestions
Shock analyzer
Diffraction analyzer
Pressure checker.
Shock indicator/counter
Crystallographer
Crystal Kaleidoscanner
Scootypuff Kaleidoscope

Kröger–Vink - Just some nerds who came up with notation for recording defects in crystals.
KV Counter
KV Defect checker
KV scanner.

Whatever the heck those diamond pen testers are called.
I think Lefinch's "Shock Analyzer" is a good name. It's concise, unique, and descriptive.
(07-15-2024, 09:18 AM)Lefinch Wrote: Shock analyzer
Diffraction analyzer
Pressure checker.
Shock indicator/counter
Crystallographer
Crystal Kaleidoscanner
Scootypuff Kaleidoscope

Kröger–Vink - Just some nerds who came up with notation for recording defects in crystals.
KV Counter
KV Defect checker
KV scanner.

Whatever the heck those diamond pen testers are called.

Oooh, these ideas are great!  Going to think on it and see if anyone else comments, but there's a couple in there I REALLY like... Thanks for the help!!
no problem! Someone else might come up with something fun or a bit more SS13 relevant.