Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add the Speech Pro to general uniform fabs in crew quarters or medbay
Title says it all. I love the idea of using these for gimmicks but it just sucks it seems on the rare side of appearing at all.
What does this even mean, "use these for gimmicks"?

Just about everyone can already speak and those that can't have the specific gimmick of not being able to speak unless given this item.
Adding a loot or role-specific item to a general fab feels very odd. Not really a fan of that.
It was originally designed to be put in manufacturers, and that was denied. I think if you want to get it added to them, you'd have to address the concerns raised by the admin team on the original PR/in consequent PRs which adjusted where they are available. This is a communication based game, and though there are existing specific roles where their lack of communication is their gimmick (mime, ambassador) they're limited in the amount they can appear and don't really have existing responsibilities. Encouraging more people to refuse to talk with each other under the guise of a voluntary gimmick was the thing that was commented the admin team was against. If you can find a way around that problem, you'll have more luck, I think.
Hi, I made the Speech Pro. Indeed, as stated prior, the original intent was to actually treat these as an item used in conjunction with a mute trait. However that trait got denied, but the idea of the Speech Pro was cool enough that there was demand to add it to the game regardless, but since it was no longer tied to a trait it seemed less sensible to be printed in fabs.

I still think it would be cool if that was possible, specifically the medical fabricator, because it actually helps a lot of the speech impediment mutations in the (perhaps unlikely) event that they run out of mutadone. It's also a quicker way to communicate short phrases or ideas with particularly hard to understand accents without having to go "Ugh, hold on, I'll grab a pen and paper". I didn't quite understand the idea that it would reduce communication, if anything the intent was to improve communication for people that suffer from being unable to properly communicate, either by choice or by misfortune.
As normally we still can found it from goose egg I think it fine already now.