Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chameleon Spray - Mime Traitor Tool
It's a spraypaint can that makes item's or object's sprites invisible, exclusive to mime traitors (and maybe surplus crates). You can still see them by right-clicking or alt-clicking. I'm thinking that 3 or 4 tc would be a good price. It would also have limited sprays, not sure on an exact number, maybe 10?

You could use it both for traitor stuff, throwing an invisible grenade, impressing your target with a mime performance where the gun turns out to be real, or gimmicks (random invisible hall owls).

I don't think it should work on C-sabers or katanas cause invisible c-saber is a bit too strong, and how would you spray light anyway?
(07-14-2024, 05:31 PM)Rmeaper Wrote: I don't think it should work on C-sabers or katanas cause invisible c-saber is a bit too strong, and how would you spray light anyway?

Iirc C-sabers arent light anyway, they're toy swords that are abnormally sharp. At least that's what I heard

Sounds like a fun gimmick item, and it can't really be abused cause traitor mime is pretty rare since it's latejoin.
I think this is a really cool item idea but one thing I thought of is that there are some things like TTV's that would be insanely powerful to spray this on as well being a spray it does not really make sense that every size of item costs the same amount. So I was thinking that it could use a system where like tiny/small items costs 1 normal items costs 2 and huge items cost 3 to help balance it out. As well, if you want to include objects like said owls you could make that cost 5 or something of that sort.
A rather simple solution would be to make spraypaintability depend on the object's size and/or making the objects not completely invisible, i.e. leaving a few pixels non- or semi-transparent. Or just a blacklist.
I like the idea, but would recommend making them only ALMOST invisible instead of actually invisible, like people do with sprites that have lots of transparent parts, so you can still click on the item to pick it up.
There would definitely have to be some limitation such as making it only “near invisible unless actively being held” due to how invisible objects tend to also not be interactable. For example if you sprayed a wall or bomb with this, unless there was some way to click it, it would become entirely indestructible short of something that could indirectly destroy it like a 20mm cannon or bomb.