DaberWebir
Usual Character Name: Man Jackson when human, Clown Man or Smoker as borg, Jackson.MAN as AI
BYOND Username: DaberWebir
Times Available: I don't keep track of when I'm on, but if I'm playing it'll probably be between 8pm and 2am GMT.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I like to be helpful, and I think there's a lot of depth to the game that too many people don't get to see, just because they never think to ask. There’s a lot of stuff just out of sight on the station that would bring a smile to anyone’s face, whether a grin of delight or an evil smirk, and I think more of it needs showing off. I've been playing since... I think last August, and in that time I've got to grips with a lot of the roles on the station.

As Mechanic, I've been all over the station with door hacking, contraption building and packet use. But mainly I like to focus on keeping the station going, scanning important-looking things like the cloner and doing my best to build backups or replacements. I’ve set up fun things with the new signal components, and have occasionally amused myself by messing with other people’s.

I'm one of the few people who actively enjoy being a Roboticist, hanging out in my little lab and helping out the robots when they can't help themselves. I always make sure to kit out the starting borgs with their cell upgrades (Roboticists who don’t do that are distressingly common), show my partner the ropes if they don’t know what they’re doing and get the lab organised. And I always get to borging the dead as quickly as I can. If I’m in Genetics I always try to focus on cloning, if there’s cloning to be done. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the "head down, mutations mutations mutations" kind of Geneticist before but I can appreciate that they’d be frustrating.

I’m a pretty good telescientist, if I’m on the job I can pretty much be set up within five minutes and stealing anything I want, plus moving around a thing or two that could be useful to other people, the cyborg parts crate in the warehouse for instance. I've also explored the Biodome, Mars and got really far into Ice Moon, though I've never been part of any Solarium-solving nerd team. I try to avoid chemistry as a human, and I’ve never done any chemical research, but I know where to look for recipes if I have to.

I play Captain and HoP as pretty much just a wandering helper, turning up where jobs need doing and helping out. After uploading a comedy gimmick law to the AI, of course. I'm pretty unrobust if it comes to a fight, but I can at least try.

I don't think I'm an especially great or memorable AI, but I'm not horrible at it either. I certainly don't have any pre-planned favourite gimmick, but if my name gets pulled out of the hat I'll try to do a decent job and not be shit, and if there's a gimmick law I'll roll with it to the best of my ability. As cyborg I like to either go with Smoker, running around healing people by shoving a bunch of healing chems and smoke powder into a dead monkey (more often, shouting STOP I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU at people who're fleeing from the crazy robot with a dead monkey), or Clown Man, telling terrible jokes and honking over the radio. I'm not great at being subverted, just because if given the choice I'll be nice to people, but I can totally pull off being evil if necessary.

Things I'm not so good at: I don't know Botany at all, I've never really mixed any drinks as Bartender, don't have much experience with Chef, don't do proburns, tried artlab but never had much luck. But the areas I do do, I consider myself pretty good at. I've made a couple of mistakes in the past (see below) but I've learned from them, and I think I'm a better player for it.

Basically, I know a lot about a lot of the game, and I want anyone who could use that knowledge to be able to draw on it. I think being a mentor is a good way to spread what I know around a bit.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I loved the first one as a kid, wasn't so sure about the second as a teenager, now I think it's emblematic of capitalism's tendency to drag a good thing out way beyond its sell-by date. Just drop it Dreamworks, its day is ogre.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I'm currently jobbanned from head and antagonist roles on #1 owing to an incident where I caused a huge scene and was incredibly shit trying to free the AI as nontraitor HoP. I believe there's another note on my account about something similar, but that was a genuine misunderstanding (badly-worded law intended to use rouge/rogue wordplay to make the crew panic. Turns out it helps if it doesn't make the AI panic too).
Dammit, forgot to put what I was applying for in the title. Oops frown
It's Mentor, I'm applying for Mentor! gdi
I support this Jackson Man, he knows enough about spacefart games.

P.S. Your shrek section is better than 75% of the other apps
Today I learned basic Botany thanks to Maximilian Shirey, and I'm pretty sure I've grasped it well enough to teach other people. So there's that.
I approve of this. Sadly i don't have access to the mentor list but hey!
I like him, especially as an AI. Pretty fun and knowledgeable dude. I say aye.
From the times I've played with them, DaberWebir seems to know their stuff. Yes from me!
I've gone on some telesci runs with him, pretty sharp and knowledgeable. Kind of a bad captain leaving the station for adventures but in his defense he seems to wait until he's sure it's not a nuke round first. Yeah, give him the purple.
Yes.