Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auth disk shuttle emag
Wanted to hear how people have been finding it since the change, it feels like there's been WAY more shuttle emag now that it's not a traitor specific thing and caps usually a pretty high priority target for assassination anyways.  Have yall been seeing it more/less?  Think it needs more finetuning?  Seen a lot of comments on ooc/deadchat so I'm assuming people have opinions on it.
Entirely anecdotal to me, so its just one opinion among many: I haven't seen it enough to remark on it since the change. Saw it used by a captain for what I'd call a legitimate reason, but that's it in about 10-15 rounds over the past fortnight. Not the the level I might have been worried about. 
That's of course only from my experience, and I don't play 24/7 and only on 3/4. Would be good to hear from others too.
Only time i have ever seen the auth disk emagged was during a blob shift so the shuttle could leave before the blob got it, haven't seen any antag use of it. So to me, it's completely fine as is.
If you want to make the shuttle leave super fast then you ought to pay the TC for an emag.  "But I bought a c-saber!" you say.  Hold the crew off for two minutes then.
I mean like, 3 ids do it too
3 IDs lower the time to 60 seconds already. given that the shuttle boarding time is two minutes, it rarely happens.

i don't know how i feel about this change because i haven't really seen it. but if it is as i understand it -- that the authentication disk can lower it to 10 seconds on use, and the emag does nothing -- then... mmh. i do not like that a crew item like that can be used to do what is effectively a really rude antag action.

that said, i haven't really seen it. i have been on rp most of the time (where shuttle emags are typically were not done anyway), so i'm not sure how much of an effect it has.

but it would be neat if it offered an immediate option to, say, extend the shuttle boarding time by a minute or two (or drop it to 60/30 seconds). give people a bit more time to board or get out faster, rather than just *snap gone
(06-27-2024, 08:42 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: 3 IDs lower the time to 60 seconds already. given that the shuttle boarding time is two minutes, it rarely happens.

i don't know how i feel about this change because i haven't really seen it. but if it is as i understand it -- that the authentication disk can lower it to 10 seconds on use, and the emag does nothing -- then... mmh. i do not like that a crew item like that can be used to do what is effectively a really rude antag action.

that said, i haven't really seen it. i have been on rp most of the time (where shuttle emags are typically were not done anyway), so i'm not sure how much of an effect it has.

but it would be neat if it offered an immediate option to, say, extend the shuttle boarding time by a minute or two (or drop it to 60/30 seconds). give people a bit more time to board or get out faster, rather than just *snap gone
I added extension during dev of this change. Maybe making it an option to shorten/lengthen instead would make more sense?
Honestly, I made this forum post because I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about this change during rounds when shuttle emags have happened since then (on classic, where it's been more prevalent) -- During one of those post rounds, I made this forum post, linked it, and encouraged the people who were complaining to come and put their feedback here where it'll get seen instead. None of them chose to do so, so I guess that didn't work. I don't really care about the change either way, though it has meant there's been a LOT more shuttle emags on classic, since any antag can do it now and it's a fresh change so people are doing it just to do it. Maybe it's a good thing space spiders can kill the captain and launch the shuttle early. As a treat.