Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diplomacy
I've suddenly decided I want to start a game of Diplomacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)
With you guys.

Has anyone here ever played before? It's probably best if the first round was played by people who know what the fuck they are doing.
i've played before, but PMs aren't turned on on these forums and i'm probably too lazy to play by email
TheNewTeddy Wrote:I've suddenly decided I want to start a game of Diplomacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)
With you guys.

Has anyone here ever played before? It's probably best if the first round was played by people who know what the fuck they are doing.

i have the Wizards of the Coast printing of Diplomacy literally right beside me. ive always wanted to play it, but don't have the time right now to organize a game with my IRL gaming group. So, this would be pretty awesome to do if we can get the people and the place for it.
I've never played but I'm interested
Playing it on forums kind of drags, just use The Online Site. You can set up a private game, it takes care of everything else, has both private and public messages, and I think you can even set it up to be viewable for the public. It's the site I used to use years ago when I played Diplomacy all the damn time.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:I've never played but I'm interested

It's basically 7 player chess with the board being Europe circa 1901. No cards, no dice, just the players and how smart and how willing they are to stab people in the back.
its like chess if there were several evenly matched sides and the only way to get ahead was to convince other players to form alliances with you and then immediately jam a knife into their back at the first opportunity
Dauntasa Wrote:its like chess if there were several evenly matched sides and the only way to get ahead was to convince other players to form alliances with you and then immediately jam a knife into their back at the first opportunity

this sounds great i want in