Holden Veriss's Head of Security Application
Usual character name: Holden Veriss
BYOND username: almostLifel1k3 
Discord username: __cut__
Recommended by (if applicable): none 
Goon servers you play on: 3 only right now

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]Reason for application: [/font]
Well the clomp clomp boots are a great bonus, I mainly want to provide a solid and reliable base for all other secoffs. Some of the worst or poorly organised sec teams I’ve been on lacked direction, and disagreed internally with sentences or methods. A solid HoS takes that pressure off teams to decide what to do with antags round to round thanks to their experience and makes the whole process smoother and therefore more fun. I also really enjoy playing head roles due to the ability to make important decisions and the effect they can have on the round. My current favourite head roles are captain and RD, and one of my favourite parts of playing the game that head roles are naturally predisposed to is teaching both old and new players tricks of the trade and lending experience that I’ve gained over the hours I’ve played. With the Nightshade wave starting to ebb, more new players are starting to try security. I have experience teaching multiple rookies the ropes, and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing a couple of secass that I’ve trained go on to become competent officers. as a side note, the time slot I play in also usually has less frequent HoS, and I think that I could fill that gap well.

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]Security experience (min 300 words):[/font]
Security is my most played job according to goonhub, and I’d like to think my experience over the last year shines through when I play. I jumped straight to secoff when I began playing security, relying entirely on the wiki and sec guides. This was probably not the best way to learn the role, and looking back on it I think a couple of assistant rounds and observing other seasoned sec mains would have done me good, not only from a gameplay perspective but also to start to understand the general attitude towards security and the culture around the role. Over my year of playing security, I’ve had an amazing variety of rounds. I’ve fought rampaging syndies; I’ve talked with planners and schemers. I’ve participated in sting operations on departments and said “state laws” too many times to count. This is why I love playing security: almost every round you sign on for will be unique, and no two problems will be alike. The variety in every round is what makes playing security fun for me. Lately I’ve been stepping up when I feel the security team is directionless or floundering; never to “take control” but moreso to guide a rudderless ship. I also think that I’m good at knowing when to step back when I’m with experienced officers; telling people who already have a good grasp on the role what to do is. Or effective and just wastes people’s time. To help my own judgement I’ve started to watch other HoS and their behaviour when it comes to how to field different problems. When to buy into a gimmick and when to strike as a sec team is something I initially struggled with, but now thanks to my observation I think I’ve gotten better at reading different situations and responding to them.

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]What advice would you give other security players? [/font]
Try not to be stone-cold serious all the time. The best officers I’ve seen adapt to the general mood of the round, but (and this is key) keep a sense of professionalism and stability, whatever the antag’s gimmick is. Another tip (this one’s for free!), learn how to multitask with listening to the radio and paying attention to your surroundings (you probably guessed it was going to be communication-related). This is something I’ve just learned how to do efficiently, and it’s tough. Sec radio is the most frequently used out of any department (if it isn’t, the force will be crippled, can’t outrun a radio) and monitoring it and general channel simultaneously can be a challenge. I’ve started using highlight strings recently to pick out keywords and it’s helped greatly. Also, travel in pairs when shit's going down. I remember seeing a Ling pick off two officers late in a round when they were looking for him, solely because they were spread too thin, which could have been prevented if they were together.

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]What was one of your favourite sec moments? [/font]
[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]My favourite sec moment that I can remember was on a ling round with Ranni Stella (played by Telareti). Ranni was posing as the miner Aisha Jones, and was repeatedly asking for help at the diner. Holden was immediately suspicious of this Aisha; mostly because I had met Aisha earlier in the round and the way she was speaking now was VERY different. In fact, she sounded strikingly like Ranni. Anyways, I notified my team and headed to the diner alone, that new secoff confidence fuelling me. I confronted the diner Aisha, listing the evidence and finally accusing her of not being who she seemed in an epic monologue. Ranni-Aisha denied everything with her own monologue, and reluctantly I relented, telling her to come to medical with me. It was at that moment my vision went fuzzy, and I was proven right about the ling. I knew I was dead right then and there, and, cursing, sprinted for the diner podbay to try and at least delay the inevitable. Ranni gave chase, and as I looked back I saw her fall flat on her face thanks to of all things a chair. Thanks to the head start I was able to turn the command teleporter to medical, and I survived that round. All thanks to a chair.[/font]

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):[/font]

[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols][b]Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.[/b][/font]
[font=gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Symbols]I present to you, my Security Haiku:[/font]

𝓘 𝓼𝓵𝓲𝓹 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 
𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓷 𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓷 
𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮

*bows* thank you.

Draw a picture!

[Image: IMG_1280.png?ex=6667cd3e&is=66667bbe&hm=...eight=1196]
This is sketch of my second character, Diana. I'm still working on Holden's portrait smile

Previous Bans:
One day-long ban for not properly following RP escalation rules as an antag ling, this was in early January I think.

I'm too scared to format any of this, so please bear with the boring colours agh space bear
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 9/18/24. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!