Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Skeletons should drop torsos for absorption based antags
As it currently stands, if you're a changeling/werewolf/vampire and go to try and absorb/eat/drain a skeleton, it is very likely it will die midway, while vampire might get some blood out of it, werewolf and changeling just won't get anything out of it, skeletons can also just suicide and succumb to assure the antagonist attacking em won't fully be able to absorb them. I do not think a trait should just fully deny an antag's ability like that, we have seen a trait get reworked to no longer affected an antagonist, unionized no longer affecting arcfiends, so skeletons leaving something behind so that changelings/werewolves can fully absorb/maul them fit in the lines of a trait not fully negating an ability.
Sure sounds good
Right I noticed if skeletons are dead... they turn into a bile of bones.. while funny. It makes them an automatic deterant for changelings/werewovles.

Though I think werewolves should get buffs from chewing on bones XD

Eitherway a valid suggestions for sure.
Drink the skeleton juice
Dropping torsos would make skeletons able to be cloned if yo have access to genetics. I think that changelings and WWs should be able to eat/absorb skeleton heads instead.
This is a dead serious suggestion.

Do like Snowy said and make the head the absorb target, but let the skeleton speak after death (without their radio) with an option to take themself out without DNR. Imagine having to shut up, kill, space or otherwise deal with a skeleton's head after killing them. Imagine collecting them like trophies and having them scream in your bag. I can think of many funny scenes this could result in and am sure it wouldn't come with issues at all.
(06-04-2024, 11:18 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: This is a dead serious suggestion.

Do like Snowy said and make the head the absorb target, but let the skeleton speak after death (without their radio) with an option to take themself out without DNR. Imagine having to shut up, kill, space or otherwise deal with a skeleton's head after killing them. Imagine collecting them like trophies and having them scream in your bag. I can think of many funny scenes this could result in and am sure it wouldn't come with issues at all.

Lmao thats actually such a good suggestion, could make for extremely good scenarios.
I like the skeletons haunt their heads without radio suggestion
Set up a PR for both ideas here https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/19360

Edit: New PR for only the torso drop and gib visuals: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/19496
(06-04-2024, 11:18 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: This is a dead serious suggestion.

Platonic ideal
I'm scrapping my idea for skeletons cause of a few different reasons discussed with Flourish and others in the PR/discord, but I'm gonna give it to wizard skeletons, skeleton commanders and/or their skeleton summons instead. Here's what it would've looked like for human skeletons: https://youtu.be/2Fcbm8mHOFI

I dreamed too hard......

Edit: I should mention also that the PR means skeletons would be clonable again, so I let them take puritan and whacked the trait cost up to -4. This might change.