Mentor Application - SgtManGuy/ What/ Pigeon
Usual character name: Shift Norax
BYOND username: SgtManGuy
Discord username (if you are on our discord): what7431 / Pigeon
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3, 4. 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing on Goonstation for a few years (Since 2021, at least) and have been playing Space Station 13 for even longer. I've been able to contribute and help here and there with sprites and the sort and I've grown very fond of this particular community. I'd like to be able to help out more after seeing the influx of new players and I am hoping that becoming a mentor would allow that, as I was helped quite a bit when I was starting out by mentors. Space Station 13 is a very involved game and it's far more engaging to be able to ask direct questions and be guided towards potential solutions rather than just staring at a wiki. I'm generally familiar with most major code bases of Space Station 13, so I am aware of the major differences in mechanics between them and Goonstation. What sets Goonstation apart, in my eyes, is the sense of discovery that it brings even to those who have played the game a great deal elsewhere; I'd like to be able to help others discover just how many things are unique here.

Civilian
I've played a great deal of, and am very familiar with many of the civilian roles. I am familiar with of the recipes and combinations available to chef and bartender, and the synergy they have with both cargo and botany. I have also spent a good amount of time with chaplain and staff assistant, which both frequently rely on making your own fun - I have many suggestions and ideas for players who are feeling a bit aimless in those roles. I have a surface level understanding of botany and it's mutations though I am lacking an in-depth knowledge of splicing.

Engineering
While I am far more familiar with both the miner and quartermaster role, I am knowledgeable on how to ensure that the station is functional and in good repair as an engineer. I understand basic set-up for the engines though I am unfamiliar with more advanced set-ups.

Medical 
Medical is my most played department presently, where I will often play as the medical director. I'm familiar with all aspects of it, including genetics and robotics, and am generally capable of treating any problem that may come the way of the medical department. 

Science
Science is my least-played department as I find the often solitary nature of their work to be unappealing. I am still familiar with chemistry, artsci, and to a lesser extent telesci. 

Security
Security is my second least played department recently, though there are phases where I play it more or less. I know the basics, but I may need to re-learn them as it has been some time. I have observed many security players, however.

Command
I'll play command when I'm feeling confident in my abilities for the relevant department; So far, that has been captain, head of personnel, and medical direction. I'm familiar with their unique responsibilities 

Latejoin & Gimmick
While non-standard, I enjoy and frequently play the late join and seasonal gimmick roles. They're often roles that you need to make your own fun with without being disruptive to other players.

Antagonist
I don't play antagonist frequently, and I am anything but robust. However, I am still familiar with the abilities that many of them have and their ability to drive the round forward in unique ways. Much like security, I have observed many antagonists. 

Thanks for reading! Dr. Acula

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None, as far as I am aware. I have been warned a few times.
Shift is always a nice face to see around the station, and is very friendly and knowledgeable! I honestly thought they were already a mentor, and I think they'd be a very good fit for the role! +1
Until now, I had no clue who you played. You've stuck out as a fairly active player, and Command especially. I've seen you teach one or two Doctors, and I appreciate it! Active in the discord too, not sure why you shouldn't be given the Purple. Just be sure to stay active with teaching and helping out in the discord! My support so far. +1
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 9/18/24. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!