WonkeyDong Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Tyrone Smith
Byond Name: Wonkeydong
Recommended By: No one
Times Available: Weekdays after 2 pm, Weekends always.
I decided i would want to apply for this mysterious thing called mentor today. I have been playing this game for almost the last year, and i have been playing goonstation for about the last 4 months. I think i could help out new people so they don't commit the same mistakes i did when i first joined the server.I really enjoy helping people and helping people on space station 13 is even better. I really enjoy the community of goonstation and i would like to help new players who joined get used to the server. I can help with the basic stuff that people ask (job help, recipes, etc). I may not be entirely liked by the community, but i do want to help them still and that is why i am signing up for this. I have played space station 13 on 5 different servers, all different versions. I know the station in and out so if someone gets lost in the huge thing, i can tell them where they are and how to get to their destination. I really only play on LLJK #2, which does not have that many mentors during the rounds with 30+ people. When i get a job in the game, i try to do it as much as i can, this includes miscreant rounds. When i see people not knowing what to do on the server, i try to help when no one else does. I really just dont like people not knowing what to do, it just really bugs me, as mentor, i can help them know what to do so they dont make the same mistakes again. I may not be the best player, but i try my hardest to be the best i can be when ever i can.

Opinion of shrek: Quite possibly a modern age citizen kane. Shrek is a deity to me, he is love, he is life.

Previous bans: 2
I've never heard of you before, and you've only ever posted here once, just to make this app. It's a no from me for now.

On a side note, is the "shrek is love shrek is life" thing not a meme?
For being around for a year, I'm not sure that your grasp of the rules is up to snuff.
WonkeyDong Wrote:Usual Character Name: Tyrone Smith
Byond Name: Wonkeydong
Recommended By: No one
Times Available: Weekdays after 2 pm, Weekends always.
I decided i would want to apply for this mysterious thing called mentor today. I have been playing this game for almost the last year, and i have been playing goonstation for about the last 4 months. I think i could help out new people so they don't commit the same mistakes i did when i first joined the server.I really enjoy helping people and helping people on space station 13 is even better. I really enjoy the community of goonstation and i would like to help new players who joined get used to the server. I can help with the basic stuff that people ask (job help, recipes, etc). I may not be entirely liked by the community, but i do want to help them still and that is why i am signing up for this. I have played space station 13 on 5 different servers, all different versions. I know the station in and out so if someone gets lost in the huge thing, i can tell them where they are and how to get to their destination. I really only play on LLJK #2, which does not have that many mentors during the rounds with 30+ people. When i get a job in the game, i try to do it as much as i can, this includes miscreant rounds. When i see people not knowing what to do on the server, i try to help when no one else does. I really just dont like people not knowing what to do, it just really bugs me, as mentor, i can help them know what to do so they dont make the same mistakes again. I may not be the best player, but i try my hardest to be the best i can be when ever i can.

Opinion of shrek: Quite possibly a modern age citizen kane. Shrek is a deity to me, he is love, he is life.

Previous bans: 2

In order:

For playing goon for 4 months I have only seen you twice just recently, in the past like 3 days. I have never seen you Ingame and rarely in OOC where you seem annoying. I agree that the community doesn't entirely like you, I doubt anyone even knows you. If you only play on 2 that's worse seeing as again, the first time I've ever seen you was twice in a 3 day span just recently. In all, I have no reason to believe you a knowledgeable player or tactful speaker when giving advice based on your limited OOC appearances. I'm going to say No for now, get out there and make yourself known, you seem to have just joined and jumped in looking to be a mentor. Also your app only has 295 words.
Will you fucking stop to peanut the applications forum? The only useful feedback is if you know them or if you saw them do something bad that requires justification.
I don't give a fuck about psychological evaluations you do from your couch; applications with little positive feedback get declined anyway.

And for the love of fuck, stop checking the wordcount until it's ludicrously short. 5 words less? Who gives a shit. Go back to chase people with a toolbox, xeram.
I debated posting, but clarks' post above changed my mind; I will.

I don't know who you are. You are not recommended by anyone, you are not well known, and your forum account is new. Maybe that last one is wrong to hold against you, but I do, as, in my mind, a mentor is a community member, and so is a forum member.

I don't care who likes who, or if someone only has 299 words, but I do care about maintaining quality no matter where I am.

I know I'm still a new member, but my recommendation is to play the game regularly, and re-apply in early april.
Who are you?
This means no.
I believe I saw you over a period of a week a while back. Now, I may be wrong here, this was a long time ago, but I only remember you as an awful Sec officer. Otherwise, I have no knowledge of you at ALL, as in, I've never HEARD of you, or anything ABOUT you.

No from me.
Chike101 Wrote:I believe I saw you over a period of a week a while back. Now, I may be wrong here, this was a long time ago, but I only remember you as an awful Sec officer. Otherwise, I have no knowledge of you at ALL, as in, I've never HEARD of you, or anything ABOUT you.

No from me.
Can you give an example of what they did wrong so they know what to improve on?
whats all this "lol who are YOU UR NOT populer enough to take this unpaid stupid job that involves answering questions for new players"

fuck is wrong with yall
Who cares if they're any good? If they are answering questions wrong and lying intentionally then we can just fire them out of a cannon or something. The job comes with no power and no ability to actively cause harm in any long lasting or meaningful way that won't immediately be detected by one of the admins, who are big jerks, or one of the mentors, who are big snitches.

If he's going through the work to fill out the application, seriously, that's enough for me.
Wonkmin Wrote:They may not be popular but if they have never been around and you've never seen them, how are you meant to know if they'd be any good? These concerns are perfectly valid.

If people wanted to provide useful feedback they could take note of an applicant's name and spend a round watching them before posting.
Those "I don't know you, so no way" posts are lazy trashtalk. People should have noticed that applications that don't have positive feedback get rejected even when there are no negative posts.
bubs Wrote:Who cares if they're any good? If they are answering questions wrong and lying intentionally then we can just fire them out of a cannon or something. The job comes with no power and no ability to actively cause harm in any long lasting or meaningful way that won't immediately be detected by one of the admins, who are big jerks, or one of the mentors, who are big snitches.

If he's going through the work to fill out the application, seriously, that's enough for me.
The only real problem with that logic is that, were it true, there wouldn't be a reason for an application in the first place. If anybody who makes an application should be accepted and removed if they fuck up, then why not make it so everyone can get it? The concerns that have been listed are mainly, from what I can see, that he isn't well known and that nobody has seen him around so it's not likely that he actually has any good knowledge of the game.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
bubs Wrote:Who cares if they're any good? If they are answering questions wrong and lying intentionally then we can just fire them out of a cannon or something. The job comes with no power and no ability to actively cause harm in any long lasting or meaningful way that won't immediately be detected by one of the admins, who are big jerks, or one of the mentors, who are big snitches.

The only real problem with that logic is that, were it true, there wouldn't be a reason for an application in the first place. If anybody who makes an application should be accepted and removed if they fuck up, then why not make it so everyone can get it? The concerns that have been listed are mainly, from what I can see, that he isn't well known and that nobody has seen him around so it's not likely that he actually has any good knowledge of the game.

people gave it three days and decided that talking all about how they had never heard about him was better than just letting it lay and seeing whether anyone who HAD heard of him would pitch in. you actually just gave that six minutes, so kudos.

i don't agree with Clarks about everything but he's definitely right here. chiming in about lack of knowledge of someone is fucking useless, as it'll be clear that no one has heard of the guy if no one comes forward to say that they have.
Eh, fair enough. My apologies.