Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomberman: Change to bomb code/assemblies
Bombs can be kinda lame from time to time. Guaranteed to make a mess, some people think that unless a plan is elaborate or extravagant, bombing the station is a tried and tested thing that can be kinda boring.

Prox sensors
First off, prox sensors bombs are the lamest. They are impossible to disarm, they "beep" only as it's being detonated (last time I checked)
So how about changing both those things? The first change would be prox sensors do not go off if the player is walking, so they player can sneak up to the bomb. Secondly, the beeping should initiate as you are getting near it as an indication that it's a prox bomb, and that you should probably walk towards it to disarm/run the opposite direction. You probably think that the above is a shitty nerf, but if you think about it, it's not really, it's hella more fun and immersive. Also, in conjunction with the next point..

Complicated disarming
All tank assemblies should have a Maintenance Panel similar to the vending machine. RED WIRE OR BLUE WIRE. Works well with the bomb suits, simply screwdriver and cut a wire (pulsing with a multitool is a bad idea here). There's 3 active wires, 1 detonates, 1 disarms, and another initiates the explosion in 10 seconds, no matter what the assembly. Bombs need to be "armed", possibly by screwdriving it. Once a bomb is "armed" it can be picked up, but only brought a few tiles before shaking will detonate it. So therefore disarming is key.

PDA assemblies
Essentially phone bombs, these work similar to radio assemblies, but trigger when you send a message to it. Dastardly.

Car bombs
Leaving a pda to denomatrix inside a pod is always fun, but i'd like to see another variation. If this does not work already, leaving a mousetrap bomb/prox bomb inside a pod should detonate when a player enters.

...also canister bombs plz
You can't even disarm a bomb with an open valve since the contents are mixed already. Even if you disassemble it, it's still gonna blow.

But bombs are fine as is.
Ali0en Wrote:You can't even disarm a bomb with an open valve since the contents are mixed already. Even if you disassemble it, it's still gonna blow.

But bombs are fine as is.

Huh, isn't the minute you open a valve the bomb explodes? That to me is detonation. Open valve = detonate (unless it's a dud)
What's your point again?

Bombs are "fine" in that they function as their purpose: They explode. Transfer valve code hasn't been touched since the dawn of time, it would be nice for some interactivity for people on the receiving end of the explosion. We have EOD suits, but no Explosive Ordinance Disposal. No hurtlocker style situations, no hostage situations with a bomb that needs to be disarmed.
Again, same with prox sensor. The function as their purpose, but little interactivity on the receiving end.
I support all of these ideas! I would like to also add that we should give bombers the option to change the color of the wires. I want to see sec try to deal with a bomb with ALL red wires.
the proximity bomb nerf... seems a little harsh. I can't suggest anything else at the moment that'd be less harsh but still balance with the disarm buff

but everything else yes yes yes [:
Thre should be different ways to dispose of each bomb. Timer bombs are like the movies, transfer pipe bombs need to be wrenched or something a different amount of times then screwdrivered to take the transfer pipe off.. If you do it to much or little, it explodes. Of course, there would be a clue to when you hit the prime; a sprite change, a small sound that can easily be covered up by a fart... etc.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the proximity bomb nerf... seems a little harsh
not really, it'll give people more of a challenge with proximity bombs instead of just "oh whoops there's a bomb goodbye"

there could be more creative situations than the normal "walk by a bomb and it blows up," like "it's surrounded by tables, can you wrench them fast enough to get to the bomb"
If you use the right mix you can delay the bomb detonation by several seconds. I do this to trick people into thinking it's a dud, when ten seconds later it's disarmed and explodes.
Ali0en Wrote:If you use the right mix you can delay the bomb detonation by several seconds. I do this to trick people into thinking it's a dud, when ten seconds later it's disarmed and explodes.

Never knew that. Adding any of this would not change that trick though.

icarus Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the proximity bomb nerf... seems a little harsh
not really, it'll give people more of a challenge with proximity bombs instead of just "oh whoops there's a bomb goodbye"

That's exactly my point. Prox sensors are ass. Maybe if the bomb was out in the open would having prox sensors be ok, but bombs are mostly hidden, so you could be walking down a corridor and you are gibbed randomly because you walked right beside it, no warning, no chance to deactivate.
You may argue that this could happen easily with a timer/signal device but
A) If you get blown to shreds by a timer assembly, that's either very good timing on the traitors behalf, or you are unfortunate.
B) If you get blown to shreds by a signal assembly, that's very good timing/strategized on the the traitors behalf, or you are unfortunate.
Prox sensor offers neither A nor B, nor offers any chance to deactivate. Note that MOST people will be running, so this won't change it too much, but it will make someone that KNOWS that there's a prox somewhere that at least they'll have a fighting chance to at least deactivate it.

If anything, i'd like to see prox sensors changed, it seems the easiest thing to do.
Bombs having maintenance panels are alot of work, but I would believe it would most definetly be more fun for bomb makers and people getting blown up/attempting to deactivate. It just adds alot more situations.
You could dispose of prox sensor bombs with telesci. Or maybe throw a teleporter beacon at it and teleport onto it, does that set them off?
Dabir Wrote:You could dispose of prox sensor bombs with telesci. Or maybe throw a teleporter beacon at it and teleport onto it, does that set them off?
True, but that would require a dedicated and good tele-scientist. That doesn't happen every round. Also likelihood of that telescientist being the bomber is quite high.
If you use the teleport beacon you just need someone with access to the old teleporter. Throwing something at a bomb doesn't set it off, so the only thing to test is whether teleporting onto a prox sensor makes it beep.
Is it possible to suicide bomb, beyond using Microbomb Implants? If not, you should be able to strap a bomb to your chest.
Saintish Wrote:Is it possible to suicide bomb, beyond using Microbomb Implants? If not, you should be able to strap a bomb to your chest.

Suicide vest.
It's broken currently (I think)
Sundance Wrote:
Saintish Wrote:Is it possible to suicide bomb, beyond using Microbomb Implants? If not, you should be able to strap a bomb to your chest.

Suicide vest.
It's broken currently (I think)

And if it was working then it was only intended for chems,just adding it here.