Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Disease: "Pneumonia","asthma"
Name: Pneumonia
Type: Disease
Description : Pneumonia is a disease about lung infection caused by Virus,Bacteria,Fungi.
There is a more risk to infection in smoking patient
Source : Miasma , Space Fungus ,Lungrot , ( smoking )
Spread : Airborn ( Cough near each other,Exposed to disease agent )
Mechanic : Make you feel sick and have fever , chronic cough , grant you stamina debuff , occasionally oxy damage.
Diagnosis: Pneumonia can diagnosis by clinical from history of chronic cough , fever , dyspnea
Physical examination can find Crepitation on auscultation with Stethoscope.Vital sign will show increase of body temp relevant to Pulse rate.Normally can prevent spreading by using medical glove mask for decrease secretion spreading.untreat disease can lead to sepsis shock.
Treatment : Antibiotic is goal standard treatment
Caution : Steroid ( Robustin) is contradiction to use with infection because it will decrease your immune system and lead to more severe infection 
Special note : Viral pneumonia is less severe and no specific treatment take some rest will cure the disease
Note: this disease will give you annoy debuff and chronic cough like common flu however this disease can lead to severe condition.not only pneumonia encourage people to use medical mask but also doctor use stethoscope which is common tool use in medicine the breath sound can use for differential diagnosis with other disease like Asthma which will tell in the next line.

Asthma
Type: Disease
Description: Asthma is one of the common airway diseases cause by inflammatory process
emergency conditions can lead to bronchiectasis when exposed to allergen.smoking and exposure to allergen can induce asthmatic attack.
Source : exposure to allergen , histamine , smoking
Spreading : This disease cant not be spreading
Mechanic : in general patient who has asthma was asymptomatic but when exposed to allergic agent like allergic medicine , got stung by wasp and get histamine , expose to smoking will lead to “Asthmatic attack “ once happen you will dyspnea and grant stamina Debuff untreat disease will make air way obstruction and deal OXY damage.
Diagnosis : doctor can diagnosis by history of contact allergic agent and physical exam with stethoscope will found “Wheezing sound”
Treatment :  Steroid is goal standard of treatment of Asthmatic attack and can be use with salbutamol.
Note: the asthma disease is fun disease that can be confused with pneumonia encourage doctor to use steroid more than usual which is rarely use in this game
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW Noooooo! No no no no! That last one is nooooo! Nooo-uhooohh...

As for the 1st one... we already have a cold virus and it's annoying, pneumonia does sound like janitors will have to do their job, but... "Lungrot" should not cause PNEUMONIA.. that's just wrong. It increases chances of it sure.. but not the cause.

Also that spead is gonna make it a PAIN to deal with. So no to that one too.

I don't think we want asthma and pneumonia in the game yet.

I get you want more doctoring and more janitor meaning, but at the same time... you can also have abit more fun. Pneumonia is just gonna make people wear gas masks all the time and make miasma 10 times more annoying.... so yea... let's NOT do that. I am fine with Pneumonia being "non spread" or be it an untreated cold...
Since colds can be easily treated but spread annoyingly.. so by making cold being able to become pneumonia by like 10% chance? It will make the cold virus also more willing to be delt with but that's just me.
(05-25-2024, 05:37 AM)Kotlol Wrote: As for the 1st one... we already have a cold virus and it's annoying, pneumonia does sound like janitors will have to do their job, but...  "Lungrot" should not cause PNEUMONIA.. that's just wrong. It increases chances of it sure.. but not the cause.

Also that spead is gonna make it a PAIN to deal with. So no to that one too.

I don't think we want asthma and pneumonia in the game yet.

I get you want more doctoring and more janitor meaning, but at the same time... you can also have abit more fun. Pneumonia is just gonna make people wear gas masks all the time and make miasma 10 times more annoying.... so yea... let's NOT do that. I am fine with Pneumonia being "non spread" or be it an untreated cold...
Since colds can be easily treated but spread annoyingly.. so by making cold being able to become pneumonia by like 10% chance? It will make the cold virus also more willing to be delt with but that's just me.
my point of idea is trying to suggest disease base on real life disease which can contactable
because right now we only have 3 diseases that are contactable (and one of them is unobtainable so has only 2 ) which is flu and common cold which is just annoying and minor harm.other disease that available right now is just a poison that need specific way to cure and some just incurable we just watch them death even know they has disease (and all of that is just like a poison since you need to ingest/inject by only specific reagent) there is many doctor in game blaming about disease agent that not make sense.so i just suggest some if the disease that commonly found and easy to treat with some a little hard to detect.
the agent should be discussable about which one gonna make the disease (and all of them is non-specific agent and just increase chance since normally everyone can get pneumonia)
The reason we do not want a deadly disease and more of them.. is because that invites talk to the return of VIROLOGY wich was a DISASTER at launch.
Cause grievers abused it's neglence to spread diseases constantly.
Seem like you might not clear my view pneumonia is just moderate disease just like common cold but it just grant more work to cure.
There is no doctor in realife that scream “Oh my god he has pneumonia and seek 10 medical attention they just oh it look like pneumonia let me take a look”