Saintish [HoS Application]
Usual Character Name: Dirk Gentley
BYOND Username: Saintish
Recommended by (if applicable): Uhm, a few non-admins, I guess. I've been told I'm relatively competent as Security.
Times Available: Usually 5:00 to 8:00 PM, but usually not for longer than an hour and a half at a time.

Reason for Application: I like playing Security, but I'm tired of not being able to deal with bad security officers. I would see it as my duty to keep the Security sector orderly and the Security competent.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I've got excellent experience dragging someone down a hallway whilst people actively try to bump into me to release them! I make good use of the portabrig, though, and have trumped many a traitor before. Most troublemakers at the very least talk to me and I always attempt to give them another chance without having to throw them straight in the brig - until of course they come out trying to make whatever I do to you as a personal attack and lecture how much of a "bad" security officer I am. When people get out of my grasp, I usually don't just say "fuck it" and let them go, unless I think simply being handcuffed is enough of a punishment. I don't usually put traitors in solitary confinement - who says I can't subject them to a lowly job and watch over them as their parole officer, or hand them a spacesuit, some oxygen/a jetpack, and throw them into space? At least that way they aren't stuck staring at a wall all round. I'd also like to be HoS so that Security when I'm playing can actually use the riot gear and arrest those non-antagonists who dedicate the whole shift to fucking with the sec crew as much as possible, making their jobs way harder than they have to be. Despite my generally relaxed behavior towards punishing people, I won't scold any security officer who just executes/brigs one of those assholes that embark on an idiotic round-long harassment campaign toward Security. Security, as much as I love the role, sometimes sucks because it has to try and account for the fun of the whole crew while performing its job - and oftentimes, if they screw up once, the entire station will be against them. But I can handle that!

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Most complaints insist that the brig is easy to break out of, and doesn't allow officers to leave someone and run to an emergency. Well, if someone is dangerous enough that they need to be brigged, there should be an officer watching them! Usually the time it takes to yell at them a bit and recharge my gun is a fitting punishment. A real drawback in my eyes is that it's too easy to barge into security. The nearby bush provides a very quick way to barge in while being undetected, and the runway to the security door is simply too linear. An officer who opens the door can unsuspectingly open a floodgate. I'd be totally fine if it was just the bush that's a little further away so officers who don't close the door and just piss off immediately can allow a stealthy traitor to get in and find another hiding spot inside. Also, there's a box of flashbangs right in the open. Due to how cramped the area is yet how open the space is, its very easy to get in, throw a bang and hide in the disposal unit to avoid the effect, yet take out most of security. I think mounted flashes in the entrance to Security would be very helpful. Finally, Interrogation is only accessible by either the detective or the HoS. Also, the west maintenance only leads to the bridge, which normal officers can't get into. This means that there's only one exit for redshirts!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): shrek is love & life

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've never been banned. I've had a few hissyfits while tired and at the end of both a shitty round+day, but that's only occasional. I do have a major flaw in the gimmicks I run as Captain - if a non-traitor doesn't like them and kills me as a result, I've been known to bitch about it. However, I never run gimmicks as Security and I'm fairly sure I've been job-banned from Captain as a result of all my shitty gimmicks anyway. All in all, I'm not a very robust player, but I'm competent and don't abuse my power. I assure you there's people who claim I do, but these are generally the same people that cry bloody murder when I'm handcuffing them for a little bit.
Turns out I'm not job-banned from Captain. In fact, I just had a really good round, everyone was cool with me.
Yes, I know I haven't met the 300 word minimum for why I'd like to be HoS, but that's mostly covered in the other sections anyway.
Wonkmin Wrote:Please do not post on people's apps if you currently have one of your own open
Saintish Wrote:Yes, I know I haven't met the 300 word minimum for why I'd like to be HoS, but that's mostly covered in the other sections anyway.
The minimums are there for a reason, please put in the effort to add enough meaningful words to meet them.