Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
idead for new fish " Puffer fish "
This idea is about new fish / poison / food
Name : Puffer fish 
Type : Food / Poison
Source : Fishing in general water source
Detail : Puffer fish can be use to cook like regular fish contain "tetrodotoxin" which is lethal poisoning.
Touch this fish without glove prevention will stang the tetrodotoxin to you 20 unit. 
can use knife on them to convert this fish to regular fish meat.
put it on chem extraction will extract tetrodotoxin for 40 unit.
cook on it raw like deep fried or put it in soup can get toxin too.
Note : it should be fun to have more poison gimmick which can be interact with rancher and chef.i would love to see clown junggling them around and end up to medbey.or see chef assasignate captain by his puffer fish soup.
*picks up lavafish with no visible burns*
(05-15-2024, 12:51 AM)Kotlol Wrote: *picks up lavafish with no visible burns*

oh that one should burn too!
I like this idea! Also, the lava fish DOES set you on fire if you hold it. That is very much an existing mechanic
auegh
Oughta be able to use em like balloons somehow
(05-18-2024, 07:15 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oughta be able to use em like balloons somehow

refill it with helium to make them  balloon!
Not sure how I feel about lethal poison upon picking up an item. That seems like a newbee trap.

How about mimicking real life? Anyone can prepare a puffer fish (fugu) to serve it as food. But if someone does it without chef training, then the poison does not get removed from the fish, and then it's lethal.
(05-19-2024, 02:33 PM)Glamurio Wrote: Not sure how I feel about lethal poison upon picking up an item. That seems like a newbee trap.

How about mimicking real life? Anyone can prepare a puffer fish (fugu) to serve it as food. But if someone does it without chef training, then the poison does not get removed from the fish, and then it's lethal.

That should work too!
Ooh i had something similar i was testing, with batrachotoxin, the poison dart frog chemical, but this seems more interesting than that, even. I could probably try my hands at it for a nice angler/chef poison
Attempt at a pufferfish implementation: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/19119
(05-23-2024, 12:48 PM)colossusqw Wrote: Attempt at a pufferfish implementation: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/19119

Thank!