Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterboarding Security
just lmao at all the people who are either getting mad at me over something I'm not even sure if I do or are defending some friendless nerd.

on topic:
atomic1fire Wrote:Finally, If security didn't exist, The crew would just fight traitors directly and possibly be a lot more mob rule and paranoid, and more people would die as a result of being terrible, it would pretty much be your version of security except for the fact that there wouldn't be someone to try to control the situation.

Securities main job is to try to handle problems on the station, that means dealing with people and being somewhat reasonable, not being super cop because there might be a traitor/changeling/wizard loose, If security were supposed to be the station army, they wouldn't be wearing the color of cannon fodder, they'd be decked out in full black and have full suits of armor and lots of guns.

1)Why does a peaceful research station need security at all? Maybe a detective to prevent corporate espionage and some just in-case equipment.

2)You say paranoid like its a bad thing.

3)On rounds with no security, the game didn't turn into lord of the flies. A purely anecdotal observation that you could probably replicate reliably. The majority of people who play the game seem to be so wrapped up in doing their mundane and meaningless jobs that they don't care about antagonists. That isn't a exactly a bad thing because vigilantes are the worst(I'm so glad the phaser and orange glasses got removed).
kantrol Wrote:1)Why does a peaceful research station need security at all? Maybe a detective to prevent corporate espionage and some just in-case equipment.

2)You say paranoid like its a bad thing.

3)On rounds with no security, the game didn't turn into lord of the flies. A purely anecdotal observation that you could probably replicate reliably. The majority of people who play the game seem to be so wrapped up in doing their mundane and meaningless jobs that they don't care about antagonists. That isn't a exactly a bad thing because vigilantes are the worst(I'm so glad the phaser and orange glasses got removed).

The idea is that the security force is there to make sure shit doesn't happen when the regular crew gets drunk and shit. It's just like the reason malls have security. They don't get heavy firearms unless the HoS gets them from Riot Storage, which is there in case of just that, a Riot. They're not put there to fight traitors and other antagonists, they're there to handle the crew but when the bad guys come to town, they're forced into a Paul Blart: Mall Cop scenario. That's the idea at least.

I don't think he was neccesarily saying that paranoia would make the idea shit.

Security handles antagonists and shitheads who think they're funny by starting assistant revolutions, people who start stabbing the HoP for hitting them with a fish, saying it was "Self Defense", etcetera. Sometimes, the security -are- those shitheads, so then the HoS jumps in and farts upon them relentlessly.
Hello stop having a slapfight in here or I will murder everyone involved, tia
this thread has passed the "too awful" mark, goodnight folks