Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterboarding Security
So for the last week I have observed several players playing as Security doing something wierdo gimmick where they either stun the person until the baton runs out of power; force feeding them potentially dangerous food items, or conducting an old fashioned beating with a blunt object.

I support torture on confirmed traitors, syndicates and bad guys. I do not like seeing security beating someone to a crit for a petty crime of face fart. Its gotten to the point when I play security I always find one instance of some shitty security guard flushing someone into disposals for getting in their way or going out of their way to "dispense the law" in VERY questionable circumstances.

Is torture permissible on NON-antagonists?
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Rul....27t_Grief

Nope. No injuring non-antagonists without a good reason.
Torture on non-antagonists goes against just about every single rule I ever learned in Space Law.

Torture on antagonists to the point of death is bad too. Unless they were rude.
Yeah, that's just a matter of shitty security. Adminhelp it and move on, or let the resident HoS know.
When I saw this thread I thought you were referring to adding a feature to waterboard members of Security, oh well.
Why am I asking this all the sudden? Because I am quite annoyed at being killed by security when I do something silly like a facefart or verbally abuse security. Last night I caught a security flushing people down in disposals. I brig his ass and take away everything. no admins, no HoS and certainly nothing stopping this player from grabbing a toolbox and attempting to kill me.

There is also the use of aggressive choke ---> Death/suicide pattern I have seen. Its really bad.
Katznelson Wrote:Why am I asking this all the sudden? Because I am quite annoyed at being killed by security when I do something silly like a facefart or verbally abuse security. Last night I caught a security flushing people down in disposals. I brig his ass and take away everything. no admins, no HoS and certainly nothing stopping this player from grabbing a toolbox and attempting to kill me.

There is also the use of aggressive choke ---> Death/suicide pattern I have seen. Its really bad.
Just to tell you flushing people down disposals is probably the easiest way to get people out of sec and those people never really die because they have time to get up
To answer your original question, torture tends to get really creepy and shitty, as I saw when I tried my hand at it with electric chairs (Never again). Just don't do it, and if you see people doing it, report it to the HoS or the admins. Or both.
24volunteers Wrote:Just to tell you flushing people down disposals is probably the easiest way to get people out of sec and those people never really die because they have time to get up
Incorrect. The easiest and most efficient way 9 times out of 10 is to ask them to leave politely. I always tell people to use words before your baton. Also being flushed down disposals is just inconsiderate, inconvenient and rude.

You my dear sir are rude, I say, rude.
Unless

A. The person is a role without maintenance access, such as scientist, chef, barman, and probably chaplain.

Because then Officer garbage can may have just doomed them to a disposal grinder, or suffication.

B. The disposal is turned on, or is otherwise messed with to prevent escape/

Because then you might have also just doomed them to suffocation or grinding.
atomic1fire Wrote:Unless

A. The person is a role without maintenance access, such as scientist, chef, barman, and probably chaplain.

Because then Officer garbage can may have just doomed them to a disposal grinder, or suffication.

Oh no some dude who ran into security to steal shit or otherwise be annoying might die?!?!?!?!??! How terrible!!!
kantrol Wrote:

Oh no some dude who ran into security to steal shit or otherwise be annoying might die?!?!?!?!??! How terrible!!!
Security's job isn't to kill people for being annoying or breaking into an office. I honestly hope you never play security if that is your mentality.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
kantrol Wrote:

Security's job isn't to kill people for being annoying or breaking into an office. I honestly hope you never play security if that is your mentality.

Tossing some dude down a disposal chute isn't murder. Thanks for playing though.
kantrol Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
kantrol Wrote:Oh no some dude who ran into security to steal shit or otherwise be annoying might die?!?!?!?!??! How terrible!!!
You just said that throwing them down disposals and then dying is no big deal. If they die because you threw them down disposals, you killed them. If you killed them for being in Sec or being annoying, you don't need to be security.
Tossing some dude down a disposal chute isn't murder. Thanks for playing though.
If somebody dies because you threw them in disposals, you killed them. If you kill somebody for being a mild annoyance or being in security, you don't need to be security.
kantrol Wrote:Oh no some dude who ran into security to steal shit or otherwise be annoying might die?!?!?!?!??! How terrible!!!
You're awful. If someone gets into security through the door, it's your fault. If the lockers are open and you're in security it's your fault(Whether it's your locker or not, if there's an unlocked locker just lock it and send over the radio "Lock your lockers, shitcops!"), if there is contraband just lying around in the security room then stop what you're doing and die. Thank You.

Theft of security equipment can only come down to incompetence. Deal with it, ya twit.