Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Material based pipe reinforcement
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED] [BALANCE] [OBJECTS]
About the PR
Lets you weld 5 sheets of any metal to a pipe to set its material to that material, scaling the pipe's rupture pressure by the square of the material's density (stacks with GHC)

Why's this needed?
More interesting ways to do high pressure TEG setups without going insane, more uses for ore and material science.
Input wanted from TEG nerds to say if this will be useful/effective/unbalanced etc.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)LeahTheTech
(*)Gas pipes can now be reinforced with metal sheets to increase their pressure tolerance based on the material's density.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Sounds like a good idea, especially for understaffied engie teams who don't have enough people to constantly fix pipes. It'd be cool for these pipes to spread shrapnel when rupturing, with the shrapnel damage depending on the reinforcement material's hardness.
If there's one constant complaint I hear about from Engineer mains working on the TEG, it's that most of the time spent on the TEG is doing nothing but repairing broken pipes. This buff will make it a lot more tolerable!
It seems nice. I would love an alternative to do some high burn on TEG without having to wait for sci.
With it specifucally require a metal, iridium would apply a 81x multiplier to pipe strenght, giving an actual reason to go nanite mining.

But even without min-maxxing, thus will severely help the TEG. There were 2 things that were holding back chamberburns: amount of plasma avaible and breaking pipes
. This should make plasma the big bottleneck for the TEG, which is honestly nice.

I think this PR will be finally able to make chamberburns differentiate from furnaceburns properly.

Won't have the biggest impact on pipeburns, but if you're doing pipeburns you sign up for infinite welding anyway.
definitely on board with this. like Emi said, it would be nice to do some of the higher burns without having to hope and pray that science works on graphene hardening compound. takes pressure off of science, and lets engineering do their thing (making the PTL the biggest hazard imaginable)
Come back to tell it pretty work well and I like it