Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
goodbye goon, it was fun while it lasted
(04-18-2024, 01:46 PM)Shiiba Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 12:59 PM)squimbleton Wrote: AA has become troublingly accessible. I've earned the nickname "Madorx always gets AA Bunsleton" due to the ease with which I can persuade an HoP, Captain, antagonist, or even the clown to grant me AA instantly.

Idk man, you could just not go ask for AA all the time.

Goon 2 behavior at its finest.

this is what gets me.

we had someone show up for a discussion about their powergamer habits, and it's the same thing: every round, they do get all their nerd gear to be turboprepped for any antag or bad event. and they could just as easily not do it.

"it's bad that the hop gives out aa every time", being said by someone who is so known for begging for AA that you got a nickname out of it, should have been a wake up call that maybe the problem is people like you. maybe the problem isn't just the hop giving it out, but all the people asking for it round after round, too, normalizing it.

people have a hard time understanding that some of their actions can and do make the game worse. this is a game where losing is part of the design. you aren't supposed to "win". you aren't supposed to be the hero every time. you're part of an ongoing clusterfuck, and being unprepared for things is part of the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: goodbye goon, it was fun while it lasted - by Zamujasa - 04-19-2024, 10:41 AM