Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Discussion about sleep in RP
I heard about sleep bar in the past just want to know how everyone thinking  is it good to bring it back in RP.
In my opinion sleep bar should be back because people in station never sleep no matter what time it is.and this make some place like crew quarters is the place no one visit except antag who want to hide stuff.
Also in RP security is very strong team and make hardly  antag to win(newbie antag). So sleep is the big opportunity for antag to do crime and make sec to manage time to patrol better.or else we will get murder case every night.(sound like werewolves game) also it make drink and chemical like coffee drug become more useable for people who want to stay awake. 
For conclusion my word.
1. I want sleep bar comeback in RP
2.reason is 
- give antag more opportunity for crime and some gimmic.
- weakening  strong sec team in RP
- make people engage in place that we rarely use
- make people engage in stimulating substances.
3. Want to know people idea please comment
I don't really think this would be a good addition for a few reasons.

1, when the player is sleeping, you aren't doing anything. Like, at all. Your screen is mostly black and you can barely hear anything. You're essentially forced to remove yourself from the round, strapped to a bed while the game is going by around you. And yes, while security is strong in RP, it's not like the antags never win. I routinely am stressed to my limit as security on goon 3, and rounds can get very chaotic with antags doing antag things.

2, How I see it, we're on the clock, and it doesn't make sense that we'd be sleeping that much throughout our workday. The crew quarters are there for the people who live on station, stay behind for a few shifts, or are otherwise there for a longer period. I'd imagine that the employees of the station probably get some sleep before their shift, not while they're working. We're employees of the station, not permanent inhabitants of it(for the most part.)

edit: Concerning security being too powerful, I don't think the way to fix this imbalance is to remove them from the round temporarily. I think the way in which things could be more balanced is a whole other nuanced discussion, but I definitely don't think that this is the solution.
Okay you think this is a NERF to security.. but in reality... you haven't nerfed a thing.
You have added an ANNOYANCE to everyone!

While using more stimulants is smart or coffee to stay awake. All you did is make people drink more coffee congrats. And guess who has the best coffee? Security.
So it doesn't nerf them.. if anything... you have now nerfed antagonists when it comes to coffee...

So no.. this suggestion is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Even if you make antagonists never having to sleep... I know the wraith never has to sleep then so it only buffs the wraith who DOES NOT NEED A BUFF!

So.. yea.. I am fully against this idea. If you want to nerf security... focus on something more security focussed. This broad stroke doesn't make things easier for antagonists , it makes everyone miserable.
(04-29-2024, 07:18 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Okay you think this is a NERF to security.. but in reality... you haven't nerfed a thing.
You have added an ANNOYANCE to everyone!

While using more stimulants is smart or coffee to stay awake. All you did is make people drink more coffee congrats. And guess who has the best coffee? Security.
So it doesn't nerf them.. if anything... you have now nerfed antagonists when it comes to coffee...

So no.. this suggestion is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Even if you make antagonists never having to sleep... I know the wraith never has to sleep then so it only buffs the wraith who DOES NOT NEED A BUFF!

So.. yea.. I am fully against this idea. If you want to nerf security... focus on something more security focussed. This broad stroke doesn't make things easier for antagonists , it makes everyone miserable.
Fair enough thank for tell me honest
I will like to add with a new day I can think of a way to nerf security in a fair way, but I won't suggest it now more like give you ideas where to focus on.

- Possible Weight mechanic for slowing players down.
Like wearing a space suit or heavy armor slows you down. It slows borgs down who are heavy plated.
So mayhaps you want to focus on a minimal weight antag gear or something to keep a speedbuff going but you opted now to be faster and NOT fight security.

As one example. If you think more of this.. you add depth to the game.
How about I unveil my idea, a "rest" meter that goes up slowly with sitting/laying down, goes up quickly from napping, and goes down depending on what physically intensive things you do. Functionally if you walk around the place and sat down on chairs at computers and when doing work you wouldn't ever need to sleep, but if you are constantly running and sprinting around the station like a mad-man you will need to take a nap eventually.

I really hate those people who are constantly running, and now they will have an incentive on RP servers to walk normally. Security officers have a reason to use camera consoles instead of constantly patrolling. Antags should probably be resistent or even immune to this mechanic because traitors would be trained operatives and vampires don't need to sleep.
(04-30-2024, 06:18 AM)ju45he Wrote: How about I unveil my idea, a "rest" meter that goes up slowly with sitting/laying down, goes up quickly from napping, and goes down depending on what physically intensive things you do. Functionally if you walk around the place and sat down on chairs at computers and when doing work you wouldn't ever need to sleep, but if you are constantly running and sprinting around the station like a mad-man you will need to take a nap eventually.

I really hate those people who are constantly running, and now they will have an incentive on RP servers to walk normally. Security officers have a reason to use camera consoles instead of constantly patrolling. Antags should probably be resistent or even immune to this mechanic because traitors would be trained operatives and vampires don't need to sleep.

I love this idea by the way iirc in the past also have sit bar status to force you sit on the chair.but you combine these both sit and sleep together which is great idea and I like it.thank for sharing

(04-29-2024, 04:08 AM)klushy225 Wrote: I don't really think this would be a good addition for a few reasons.

1, when the player is sleeping, you aren't doing anything. Like, at all. Your screen is mostly black and you can barely hear anything. You're essentially forced to remove yourself from the round, strapped to a bed while the game is going by around you. And yes, while security is strong in RP, it's not like the antags never win. I routinely am stressed to my limit as security on goon 3, and rounds can get very chaotic with antags doing antag things.

2, How I see it, we're on the clock, and it doesn't make sense that we'd be sleeping that much throughout our workday. The crew quarters are there for the people who live on station, stay behind for a few shifts, or are otherwise there for a longer period. I'd imagine that the employees of the station probably get some sleep before their shift, not while they're working. We're employees of the station, not permanent inhabitants of it(for the most part.)

edit: Concerning security being too powerful, I don't think the way to fix this imbalance is to remove them from the round temporarily. I think the way in which things could be more balanced is a whole other nuanced discussion, but I definitely don't think that this is the solution.

Thank for polite comment after 2 counter argument it understandable about it not effective way for nurf sec.but about crew quaternary I still not sure about it I understand your point that it work time I just want RP server which tend to be end round at 90 min has some sleep at least 1-2 per shift.