Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiki's Awesome Sprites
Edit: Starting it all over because I needed to replace my sprites.

Hello and welcome to my sprite thread. This is where I'm going to show off my sprites and also if you have suggestions just go ahead and suggest them.

First is the Inspectors Outfit that I got added to the game years ago.

[Image: NVN0XFJ.png]

[Image: kNpoAER.png]

Also the short coat, Some people want a long coat as well and I might get around to making that.

[Image: cJaGCmm.png]

And both together

[Image: bd5Bu7D.png]

And now my holsters I made. First is normal detective

[Image: snKWvTL.png]

And with the little gun in it

[Image: regd3Wp.png]

Now my inspectors version that I don't think you can get in game yet? Not sure.

[Image: UgkLtW9.png]

And with gun

[Image: hvtFIg7.png]

The downside of the holsters is that Gannets didn't figure out how to do the overlay of the gun but its in uhh the coding thing they use and is open for whoever can figure out how to do it. I hope someone can figure it out.

Also heres all of the inspectors gear together 

[Image: AZnT3JU.png]

[Image: EaYNLXO.png]
KikiMofo Wrote:Now I'm making this for my shitty sprites. You can post and tell me how you like them or not like them. Let me know what you think would make them look better or if you have any suggestions you think my limited spriting talent will be able to do.

First set of sprites are a new alternate outfit for the detective's locker. Here are the sprites by themselves.

[Image: inspector2.png]

[Image: inspectorcoat.png]

[Image: inspectorcoatshort.png]

I like the short coat more but some people seem to want ANOTHER long coat even though if you want a long dark coat you can just get Beepsky's.

Here are the coats with the inspector outfit under it. I think the short coat looks really good on it.

[Image: inspectorshortcoat.png]

[Image: inspectorlongcoat.png]

And heres a big version of the outfit.

[Image: inspectordone.png]

I'm thinking of adding a badge on the outside of the coat as well but what do you guys think?
Tie is a bit too big, but otherwise I really dig it.
Chike101 Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Now I'm making this for my shitty sprites. You can post and tell me how you like them or not like them. Let me know what you think would make them look better or if you have any suggestions you think my limited spriting talent will be able to do.

First set of sprites are a new alternate outfit for the detective's locker. Here are the sprites by themselves.

[Image: inspector2.png]

[Image: inspectorcoat.png]

[Image: inspectorcoatshort.png]

I like the short coat more but some people seem to want ANOTHER long coat even though if you want a long dark coat you can just get Beepsky's.

Here are the coats with the inspector outfit under it. I think the short coat looks really good on it.

[Image: inspectorshortcoat.png]

[Image: inspectorlongcoat.png]

And heres a big version of the outfit.

[Image: inspectordone.png]

I'm thinking of adding a badge on the outside of the coat as well but what do you guys think?
Tie is a bit too big, but otherwise I really dig it.

Yeah i agree, a short and thin tie would look better
I totally forgot I did this. Also I tried the tie smaller but it didn't look right. It looked too thin.
Ah shit son, this is the game now. Good Job.
BOOYA

Now to sprite some more stuff someday. Dunno what though.
2 lil things, no big deal:
did you try making the tie smaller for one or two pixels from the knot? if that doesn't work, i notice that using lighter and more grey-toned colors create the effect of a softer edge, so you could try doing that for part of the tie to make it taper out more.
also, with your side sprites, you need to fill in the area where the hand is because of limb removal shit. just for future reference.
Yeah I didn't know how to make smaller details but Clarks told me I can blow up the sprite and then shrink it back down to 32x32.

Also what do you mean by fill in the hands? You got an example I can see?
AffableGiraffe Wrote:i notice that using lighter and more grey-toned colors create the effect of a softer edge, so you could try doing that for part of the tie to make it taper out more.

Alternatively, creating a colour that's a balance/average between to the two contrasting colours will create a "blending" effect, and to the common eye, a half-pixel line (as long as they're not looking at it zoomed up).

In this situation, it'd be finding the halfway point between the white & blue used. If you're no good at finding this colour intuitively, you can just create a copy of the tie itself, then place in the pixels on the side of the tie at 100-125 transparency, then paste 'em over the white shirt, and the program should create the blending effect itself. I think you have to use separate layers for that if you're not using dreammaker to make 'em, though, since the transparent paste would just overwrite the white shirt on most programs.
The only thing that would make the detective complete is a shoulder holster and mirror shades.
Oh and here's the on ground/inventory version of the outfit.

[Image: nuqTWwx.png]

I would put the holster on ground sprites here too but uhh I completely forgot to make those before sending them to Gannets so they made some quick ones for me and I ain't going to put something I didn't make here. Thanks Gannets.
Got some sprites MBC asked me to cook up.

Some bat sprites
[Image: d1guMr2.png]

And some ghoul or something sprites
[Image: xZyaw2c.png]

[Image: y6fwtQA.png]
[Image: 7q6nHCm.png]
Can we call this one the wendingus?
I at first thought it looked like an ice zombies or something yeah. MBC asked for Halloween decoration bats and ghoul so I gave it to em.