Prospector Pete HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Prospector Pete
BYOND Username: Raemuz
Recommended by (if applicable): Bobert, ReginaldHJ, John Johnson (Dunno his key)
Times Available: Sporadically but usually evenings Eastern Standard Time (and then PST in two months)

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

Started playing this game a few years back and love the shit out of it. I got mentor a few months ago, and I feel like I've dealt with enough of my PERSONAL ISSUES to be a Fair And Balanced HoS. I've noticed a distinct lack of HoSes getting blackout drunk in the Armory and I hope to fill this void. Also nobody ever approves fines ever and god damn it this has got to change. I eventually want to help this game in a higher capacity but I feel to do that I really need to experience the game from as many angles as possible, and HoS is definitely one that needs looking into. To this end I’ve made it a point to log on as sec as much as I can stand recently, to see if I have The Right Stuff. I at least have The Stuff and if white foamy Cool Whip-like substance bursting out of every pore isn’t a qualification for the job I don’t know what is. Sec has been pretty chill recently but in the past there have been some powermad douchemagnets, and I hope to curb that shitty behavior. From what I understand a lot of the job involves management of the other officers VS actually arresting anyone and I find that way more fun than any other facet of the sec force Things That You Do. I’m robust enough to pretty reliably take down rampaging traitors or at least make a good attempt, and do try to arrest people or at the very least clone/borg them if I have to take them down lethally. But yeah to sum it up I’m seeing this as less a feather in my cap or a mark of status than just a way to more fully experience the game and to help contribute to it.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I avoided sec at first because it seemed intimidating, but after getting my mentorship approved I have been making a serious effort to get more exposure. I have found the best way to handle the job is to be laid back most of the time, and show up when someone calls for help on the radio. If someone is breaking into sec or something I will whack them upside the head and brig them for a very short period of time, after which I make sure they get their stuff back. If the person has been blowing up the station, being a complete dick, or other Bad Stuff I will keelhaul them. This involves hooking internals up to the person in question, stamping them with a medbay barcode, and making sure they are at full health. I then tell them that they are to stay on the conveyor system until they reach their destination, and any attempt to not do this will result in their demise. If they listen to me, they live, get healed, and go free. If not, they usually die out of their own idiocy. One time I dressed up as a ghost in purple and ran around a bit, before realizing the traitor was also disguised as such. He got caught five minutes in, so I broke him out the back of the genpop cell because I felt sorry for him. After he rampaged a bit, sec arrested us both in rapid sucession, and I explained that my role was a harmless prank. He survived a keelhauling, so, knowing he wasn't shit, I replaced both his arms with chainsaws and forcefed him blunts before letting him go, putting a tracking implant into him so I could toss the occasional flashbang and remind him not to rampage. Oh yeah, and the ticketing system is a great way to annoy someone without going through the trouble of stunning them and farting on them.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): There isn't really any way to break someone out of solitary anymore and that sucks ass. Also, sec doesn't get sufficient access to the interrogation chambers. I love the new podbay and uniforms though, and the entrance provides just enough ways for both traitors and sec alike to have fun.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I hope someday shrek is put back into the game in a very limited fashion, perhaps buried at the bottom of a telescience dungeon.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): (Copypasted from mentor app) I got banned a bunch for improper use of bombs and explosions, and was really pissed off at a guy that I grudged a few rounds with. I think there may have been a couple other bans for jerkish behavior a while back but I honestly cannot remember what they were for. I was permabanned once as well, I think for the bomb thing perhaps. Also I recently got a very short ban as sec for lasering some people to death. This was (mostly) accidental, I entered a round in complete anarchic chaos, with assaults happening left and right, and people regularly invading sec, I had exhausted all the stun weapons I had and a laser was the difference between my death and putting a traitor down. I misjudged how many shots resulted in death and a few people died, which sucked. If I neglected to bring them to genetics or robotics it was because I was putting out metaphorical (and literal) fires left and right. I understand this was Not A Good Thing, and am explaining myself because it is directly related to the position.
Old Pete has always been pretty cool. I'd say yes to this. I doubt he would mess shit up.
EDIT: I thought this was for Peacekeeper Pete.

I don't know you.
This guy didn't have HoS yet? Yes. He's pretty cool and knows what hes doing.
HELLO

GIVE THIS NERD A BERET ALREADY SO HE CAN BE PROPERLY BULLIED
I fully endorse this man, he is great.
yes, prospector pete is good :downs:
Prospector Pete seems to have some good......prospects. HA!

Anyway, a yes from me too. In the three years ive been playing, Pete has always been a cool guy so having him as an HoS means more fun for everyone.
My HoS application was incomplete (and thus denied), so I can say this now.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS MAN HOS ALREADY!?
Hes a good and fine pete (at least from what i saw) and i think he deserves the beret.
Bro, I know you will do the Beret proud.

Prospector is alotta fun, and a cool dude.
Yes
Ok