Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Suggestion: Armory Doors have flaps to be critter proof
at least once a month, and often more, particularly on cog 1, I find ghost critters running around trying to trigger the NARC to bust open the n20 tank.

A simple fix to this bad behavior would simply be to have 'flaps' under the armory doors so ghost critters, specifically, can't squeeze under them.

I think it'd be fine for NON ghost critters to do so,
I never know that critter can do that thank for sharing !
I am fine with critters going in the armory, but if they keep exploiting this for explosions.. then nah.

Or just make sure the Narc can never shoot the N20 cannister by puting a protection around it or make NARC bullets unable to damage objects.
That's rulebreaking and ahelp-able behaviour. Instead to accomodate to that behaviour by balancing this people simply should be told off.

But in general, making the narc unable to destroy the NO2 canister would be a more elegant solution, imo.
I think the narc should not shoot ghost critters
(04-06-2024, 08:31 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: I think the narc should not shoot ghost critters

Will have to double check to make sure critters cant pick any of the armory items up in the process though
there are a few random items they can pick up. but the narc not being able to shoot containers might not work either.

I suppose a possible secondairy fix would be to make the container that the NO2 gas is in be 'reinforced' and start bolted to the ground instead of loose, and if bolted be immune or very resistant to damage.

And yeah its rule breaking behavior but its also really hard to catch or log and simply forbidding them entry should do the same trick anyway.
I feel like we could just move where the N2 canisters are, so they can't be caught up in crossfire. Or make narc HYPER ACCURATE when it comes to ghost critters so it's able to clean the armory with EXTREME PREJUDICE with minimal armory damage.
(04-07-2024, 01:31 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I feel like we could just move where the N2 canisters are, so they can't be caught up in crossfire. Or make narc HYPER ACCURATE when it comes to ghost critters so it's able to clean the armory with EXTREME PREJUDICE with minimal armory damage.

If we gonna anti critter it.. I got one simple fix. "Electrified floors"

Can be avoided by wearing Galoshes/HoS boots, cutting the power or opening armory.

Now not only is armory scarier to go in, but critters will be fried as they are entering it.
Would making the NARC ignore ghost critters be an option
(04-07-2024, 04:49 AM)Tyrant Wrote: Would making the NARC ignore ghost critters be an option

Then how would he NARC on ghost critters eating robust donuts?
I don't think ghost critters can eat food anymore, rather they just nibble on it. The easier solution would just be having the NARC ignore ghost critters, rather than making it's bullet deal 0 damage to N2O tanks and cans.
(04-07-2024, 09:09 AM)Wisemonster Wrote: I don't think ghost critters can eat food anymore, rather they just nibble on it. The easier solution would just be having the NARC ignore ghost critters, rather than making it's bullet deal 0 damage to N2O tanks and cans.
They can pick it up and eat it infinitely (or infinite nibbles) but never feel the full effect.

So Cog maps 2 donuts are now gonna be snagged by critters and dropped on who they like.
I am not against this, but some maps do allow critters to sneak in and steal stuff. It's not much... but you know those robust donuts are gonna be stolen each cogmap2 by a critter player.
(04-07-2024, 01:51 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 01:31 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I feel like we could just move where the N2 canisters are, so they can't be caught up in crossfire. Or make narc HYPER ACCURATE when it comes to ghost critters so it's able to clean the armory with EXTREME PREJUDICE with minimal armory damage.

Can be avoided by wearing Galoshes/HoS boots, cutting the power or opening armory.

Now not only is armory scarier to go in, but critters will be fried as they are entering it.

I like this idea because as it currently stands armory should definitely be harder to break in, right now it's not that hard to get in there, specially if you just thermite the walls, maps like oshan you literally remove 1 wall and you're in.
(04-07-2024, 01:51 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

Don't think the armory need any more securing than it already has.

The problem is the narc destroying the No2-can, so fix this instead of dancing around the problem.