Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[idea] blood incompatibility & transfusion reaction
We have blood system and blood group in game it should be great to make it more detail on it.
Here are 2 thing I gonna suggest
1)Blood incompatibility 
Disease : Blood incompatibility 
detail: caused by given wrong blood group 
Sign & symptoms : Make blood from “ hyper-coagulation state “ damage all organ especially heart. and can cause atrial fibrillation.
Treatment : -anticoagulant “heparin”
                  -hemodialysis to remove wrong blood group
2)transfusion reaction 
Disease : Blood transfusion reaction
Detail: caused by too much blood transfusions include hemodialysis and vampire
Sign and symptoms: hypotension, rash , shortness of breath. Like normal allergy 
Treatments: -stop blood transfusions (Use normal saline instead if need to fluid resuscitation) 
                  -antihistamine
Another medbay suggestion from you I noticed.

And this one while not a bad idea... there is just ONE MAJOR PROBLEM.
"The blood bank one" If these are randomized... it means we gonna need a dedicated blood bank to use blood transfusions for the right hting.
But if the blood in the blood bank is omni-usable...then this mechanic gets ignored unless a vampire steals most of the blood...

So either using blood becomes a hassle with scanning, while everyone has to rush to do the right thing.

Also isn't one blood type able to recieve any blood and one blood type able to give blood to anyone no matter? Well to avoid that mechanic everyone will just take those.. Problem solved.

I do want blood types to play a different role though.. maybe something for vampire value.
Like a vampire's favorite type of blood that round would A-
(03-31-2024, 07:44 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Another medbay suggestion from you I noticed.

And this one while not a bad idea... there is just ONE MAJOR PROBLEM.
"The blood bank one" If these are randomized... it means we gonna need a dedicated blood bank to use blood transfusions for the right hting.
But if the blood in the blood bank is omni-usable...then this mechanic gets ignored unless a vampire steals most of the blood...

So either using blood becomes a hassle with scanning, while everyone has to rush to do the right thing.

Also isn't one blood type able to recieve any blood and one blood type able to give blood to anyone no matter? Well to avoid that mechanic everyone will just take those.. Problem solved.

I do want blood types to play a different role though.. maybe something for vampire value.
Like a vampire's favorite type of blood that round would A-
Thank for feedback