Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Add PDA Alert modules for medical, engineering, science, and janitor t...
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE][STATION SYSTEMS][GAME OBJECT]
About the PR

* Add PDA alert modules for the Medical/Engineering/Science departments, and Janitor team.
* Add a new crisis alert for Science, complete with new sound
* Add new sprites for both the module and the ability icon
* For each new alert module, add two of each to their respective job vendors (i.e. jobclothing / janitech).
* Security alert modules are still only accessible via security PDAs.
* Department heads now start with an alert module for their department.

Why's this needed?
* Let teams know when their *own coworkers* think things are bad (and not science for the Nth time)
* Allow 'first-responder' paramedics/repairers/janitors to call for backup
* Nudge heads of staff towards directing/requesting help from their own department

Screenshots
# Item Sprites
the new modules are in the middle row:
[Image: 2609ad6d-a2ee-41f1-b5c8-4c8b1f110fd0]

# Ability Icons
[Image: 6a559256-6293-4a08-901a-8aac53070dd5]

# Science Alert in action
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...e29299ccd1

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)glowbold
(*)Team-specific PDA Alert modules for janitorial, medical, engineering, and science are in their respective job vendors.
(+)Department head PDAs spawn with an alert module for their respective department.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Took me a few readthroughs to understand, but basically a 'requesting backup' button.

Considering how easily the minutia of radio chat can overlap it sounds like a good way to alert that you NEED HELP. I feel like engineers would probably enjoy this the most for help with major breaches.
Woah this is good also love the sprite
This is something I was too lazy to implement myself when I updated all the alert sounds, I'm a big fan of the idea. It's kind of silly, goofy, but can lead to tons of fun RP situations. This was mentioned in the GitHub, but I agree that we should look into separating a "SCI" department for science, extra points if it works in adventure zones and could potentially help someone be found.
Really like this idea, especially the proposed Sci addition. Would enjoy having these as a tool in round
Added science alert & related alert PDA module, let me know what you think.
Love it!
At 1st I was like: "Why?"
But now with the HUD overlays! YES! I am 100% fine with this!