Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
"Name plates for items"
You know that silly mechanic of labeling things and giving it other names? Or doing it to other players?

I want a more permanent version of it for objects and items. Insted of labeling and see Fork (Devious item of terror)
This sorta happens with relics when they get idenitifed and stickered with the research label.. so.. now I want to implement that idea for objects/items and such.

Wouldn't it be funny to make a toilet in the chapel and call it: "The Holy Throne" insted of "Toilet (The Holy Throne)"

Or mechanics with their silly walking cabinets getting actual names.

Now this item is not a sticker sheet. It's called a "Name plate" So you can only put it on items. (ID's do not work) So no renaming other players.
These name plates are just like stickers, you write a name on em and stick em to an item. That's it... it renames the item, but the description stays the same.
Can be removed the same way any sticker is removed, wich is by acetone.

It is also ediable so now you can rename your gross food into "Divine Cuisine!" And more.

A simple suggestion no?
Dang it, the more I try and think of ways this would be needlessly confusing, the more I like the idea. Imagine nametagging a jumpsuit to be something like "Security Officer Jumpsuit" so people are less likely to bat an eye if you're in security! Imagine nametagging a clarentine or ruby plate and calling it Erebite! Imagine name tagging canisters to what's accurately inside of them!

There's gotta be some way that makes things confusing on a first glance before you process the icon, but my brain just isn't coming up with any.

Edit: As confusing as labeling an N2 canister Plasma would be, it'd also be pretty dang harmless unless it goes in the engine
(03-29-2024, 11:12 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: Dang it, the more I try and think of ways this would be needlessly confusing, the more I like the idea. Imagine nametagging a jumpsuit to be something like "Security Officer Jumpsuit" so people are less likely to bat an eye if you're in security! Imagine nametagging a clarentine or ruby plate and calling it Erebite! Imagine name tagging canisters to what's accurately inside of them!

There's gotta be some way that makes things confusing on a first glance before you process the icon, but my brain just isn't coming up with any.

Edit: As confusing as labeling an N2 canister Plasma would be, it'd also be pretty dang harmless unless it goes in the engine

That's the fun of it. But I do want it to be a rare item not everyone can get their hands on.

I don't want every staffy to start renaming every floor tile into "Poop"

The whole fun of it comes it just gives an item a new name, but it looks and describes the same.

As for getting your hands on them. This is where I want the community to help out with.
Cool I like this idea by the way it should be able to check real name by use examine when come closer enough
Personally, I think what we already have in the labeler is great, because imo "Toilet (The Holy Throne)" is way funnier than just a toilet called The Holy Throne.

When you see an item with a name like The Holy Throne, it's obviously either a joke from the mapper or an admin editing variables directly, and I think that makes it more special.
(03-30-2024, 01:37 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: When you see an item with a name like The Holy Throne, it's obviously either a joke from the mapper or an admin editing variables directly, and I think that makes it more special.

I did think of this, but then I was like: "This will make admeme's even more surprising."

But I understand this notion too. Wich again I want to make nameplates super rare.
So something that isn't every shift common.

This is why I put it up as a suggestion. To gauge more aspects of the suggestion.

My 1st factor was "Do we want it?" , then factoring rarity and obtainability.

I am glad to say an admin's perspective was added to this. But the other reason I want it is labeler spam is obnoxious and not convincing... it doesn't happen often thank kot. But I just wanted a more convincing item that isn't spammable.