Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Continual Welding [Welding Suggestions]
Suggestion for welding:

Welding should be transfered to a 3 second action bar. Each second should, in helpful,  repair damage to doors/grates/borgs or remove bullet decalls from walls or repair damaged vendors, pods, etc.

In harm intent the same should be true,  only it should damage/disassemble.  If used on a person it could deal continually increasing burn damage?

Welding should create a bright light in a small area around the welder.

Welding should periodically eject sparks in a an arc around thr back side of the welder thst could ignite things.
I don't mind the idea of making changes to welding, but the idea of burning limbs off of people and what you described on Discord as "new torture tools" is not the direction I want to see things go, personally.
(03-29-2024, 10:20 AM)jan.antilles Wrote: I don't mind the idea of making changes to welding, but the idea of burning limbs off of people and what you described on Discord as "new torture tools" is not the direction I want to see things go, personally.

Yea agree on that.. If we got by Goon Torture standards... just use swirlies, farting on faces or have the clown tell their worst jokes to get people to crack.
thats fair! I was just thinking of the grab someone and delimbing thing~ withdrawn!
I like the continual welding bar for repairs though! It'd be a nice way to know someone IS repairing, beyond the sound effect. It's also nicer for pods, considering that some of those B E E F Y ones can take a while to repair.
I half thought this was going to be a suggestion to make it a click and hold autofire mode for welding
(03-31-2024, 07:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I half thought this was going to be a suggestion to make it a click and hold autofire mode for welding
kinda what I meant I guess. Like, you click on something, and start welding. Welding goes by an action bar, and every completion it welds, then continues, till you move or turn it off. GUess I didn't word it well.

I think as it stands welders are in a weird place, I guess? since like, its just spam clicking things with a welder.

I'd rather it be more visible, but less intensive. I also like the idea of using it to repair cosmetic damage, or fix doors that aren't quite broken down, or other stuff, or conversely, being able to use it to damage or destroy things.

like, a borg comes up with 50 percent damage overall.
Instead of rapid clicking it with a welder for 10 seconds, you turn on the welder, click it once, then it cycles through healing the borg in interverals, slower, but less clicky/more involved.
I don't really have anything to add here beyond that I like these suggestions and hope they get implemented someday. clicking over and over again to repair with the welder feels a bit out of line with some of the QoL changes with other things we used to click a bunch while doing. like handwashing.