Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
[idea] diabetes
Here is my idea for disease again but I trying to improve from last post base on your guys advice.
The idea for diabetes is simple. You will addicted to foods and drinks. Sugar in bloodstream will relieve your craving until it OD.
Treatment for it is simple insulin and fluid resuscitation is enough.

And I think this disease could be like one of addiction trait. 

Also this disease make you interact with kitchen and bar more which I think it good idea.
I'd rather add a sweet tooth trait that makes you crave sugar every once in a while or you like, get sluggish. Could use addiction code? Idk

Edit: oh yeah we have picky eater, which encourages people to visit the kitchen
(03-24-2024, 03:57 AM)Cal Wrote: I'd rather add a sweet tooth trait that makes you crave sugar every once in a while or you like, get sluggish. Could use addiction code? Idk

Edit: oh yeah we have picky eater, which encourages people to visit the kitchen

Forgot about picky eater by the way diabetes not only visit kitchen but also medbey!
Similar to your thread asking for the addition of cancer to the game, we’re not really interested in adding in big real world conditions which just kill millions of people annually.

There isn’t anything really fun or interesting about adding them, it’s just being glib about real worth deaths. They’re common enough that it’s incredibly likely many people who play on our servers have had negative experiences in their life as a result of these conditions.

Having someone fart on a book and explode is closer to the level of realism we’d like to maintain, not having players struggle to manage extremely serious real world medical conditions. I would suggest avoiding drawing from real world medical conditions in general for future suggestions as they’re not going to be considered.
(03-24-2024, 09:23 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote: Similar to your thread asking for the addition of cancer to the game, we’re not really interested in adding in big real world conditions which just kill millions of people annually.

There isn’t anything really fun or interesting about adding them, it’s just being glib about real worth deaths. They’re common enough that it’s incredibly likely many people who play on our servers have had negative experiences in their life as a result of these conditions.

Having someone fart on a book and explode is closer to the level of realism we’d like to maintain, not having players struggle to manage extremely serious real world medical conditions. I would suggest avoiding drawing from real world medical conditions in general for future suggestions as they’re not going to be considered.

If anything... these kinda suggestions should be answered with: "Huh this is cured by just injecting Saline into the patient."
Something in the way of: "ooh you got this terrible real world disease we can easily cure in this future, BUT THE COMMON COLD?! Nope! Still not cured!"

Preferably it's best not to add em. But if you gotta.. make em laughably easy to cure.

I am only chiming this in as a fun thing... but personally I am on fishstick with this one.
(03-24-2024, 09:23 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote: Similar to your thread asking for the addition of cancer to the game, we’re not really interested in adding in big real world conditions which just kill millions of people annually.

As medical worker the diabetes itself not harmless* and really not serious atleast I need to inform you that the most death in NCD is heart disease heart failure and yes you have it in the game.by the way I understand your propose and I will try to adjust it again.i quite upset but still agree with you

*if we control it well