Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Clarion Armory/HoS Rework
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Mapping] [Rework] [Feedback]
About the PR
-Swaps around Armory and HoS office on clarion.
-Replaces empty corridor next to AI core with radio room and moves associated objects from bridge to there
-Changes Antibio crate outside of Armory to sec equipment access.
[Image: e3d2ce60-b295-4825-a89d-ed6a102c3ba0]

Why's this needed?
Armory foyer is incredibly cramped and situations in which Armory is needed multiple people will need in.
Empty corridor was weird.
HoS Office was also quite cramped but also fits better being between sec and bridge.
HoS now gets the proper mug.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)JORJ949
(*)Reworked Clarion Armory/HoS office
(*)Moved clarion headset crate to new "Radio Room"

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
not really a fan of disconnecting security from the bridge with hos only access doors. i know nadir does this too, and im not much of fan of it on that map either. there arent a whole lot of people it would effect (probably just the captain mostly) but i still dislike removing the route entirely.
I agree with Retrino, cutting off the bridge from sec is a bad idea. I've often been in situations where those doors were useful, for example for transferring prisoners or just letting command staff have a chat with the sec team. The HoS office could be shrunk by 1-3 northern tiles to make space for a small command-accessible foyer, like the det's office has on Oshan.
While I think the redesign is better, I do agree with security being connected to the bridge like before. It's just slightly better in the overall scheme of things.
(03-26-2024, 08:53 PM)Retrino Wrote: not really a fan of disconnecting security from the bridge with hos only access doors. i know nadir does this too, and im not much of fan of it on that map either. there arent a whole lot of people it would effect (probably just the captain mostly) but i still dislike removing the route entirely.

I actually agree but my goal was to make the area less cramped, and I couldnt find a way to do that and keep the sec/bridge passthrough without making it more cramped, they can always just get the AI to open the HoS door or if they need to get through often, hack it. Unlike nadir clarion's route from bridge to sec is much shorter. I do want to look at changing bridge in the future because its also very cramped.
Comparing side by side with the current layout, this space feels more deliberately used / planned. [This is good]

Consider:
  • Chasu's suggestion to shrink north wall. (Which fits with you wanting to look at the bridge in the future)
  • Adding bridge-sec door. (Possible after shrinking wall)
  • Putting auth terminal left of the bio crate then moving crate right 2 squares. (I know it sounds dumb but the terminal feels too far away lol)

Looks good!
What I would love to do but I dont know how/if its possible is put just one door in that wall that requires security AND bridge access, rather than needing the space for 2 doors