Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An uninformed suggestion regarding treads
Okay so I don't know jack about coding so this might not be possible or might be really stupid but HERE I GO ANYWAY.

I know treads have been broken in regards to humans using them, but I've been wondering about a possible fix. Mind you, I'm working under the assumption that the reasons it doesn't work now is tied into the way limbs work at the moment and that the fact that treads require both legs to be off and they are attached to both at the same time might be the heart of the issue. To that end, I propose making treads two separate pieces, one for each leg. This would look super fucking goofy if you only had one, but with both it would pretty much look the same as it usually would (just cut the sprite in half for individual treads). It could still maybe increase speed depending on whether you have only one or both legs as treads, maybe using the same function by which you slow down if you lose a leg but in reverse?

You'd probably have to make it so the tread-haver can't *flip, though. Either way, if you could get it to work, it would make Roboticist a worthwhile job again.
Only if we can put treads on arms so that then you can turn yourself into a speedy go-kart man.