Archie Magor (dumbot10)'s HoS application
Usual character name: Archie Magor
BYOND username: dumbot10
Discord username (if you are on our discord): hydroxy

Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: goon1

Reason for application: Late night/early morning sec is almost always empty, not always a downside but it can lead to boring rounds with no real back and forth/story of the antag and security. Having a HoS at night might make it more dynamic for everyone and encourage someone to be an officer.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Sec was my first job back in the day of 09. Game was very different back then. Playing on and off over the years I've done some secoff, some det, some secass. I played some HoS back when it wasn't apply only but that was ages ago.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Communicate with your team often. Let people know if you updated records, if you need backup, and just phone in every now and then to let people know anything you learn or want to learn from others. Ask for help from other officers and the crew itself too, they know a lot of stuff too. Perhaps do not join in on tide like behavior though. Talking with the crew is also advised to learn about what goes on in the round. Eyewitness reports from people who saw crime is also a fun and engaging way to learn more for a record write up. Finally keep calm, don't hold grudges, and don't think yourself above others. We're here to protect the people not subjugate them
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) My memory for older memories is shite but talking to any HoS has been a pleasure really. I suppose the round earlier today where it was just me, the HoS, and one other officer was good. I worked pretty closely with the HoS ( I cannot recall the exact one right now, sorry! Pretty sure it was a George name?), did a few interviews, talked with the crew and security a lot. It was rather lax up until I had to go cryo to eat. HoS did say we did a fine job at one point which made me feel pretty good!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? Improving the camera UI would be nice, not sure how exactly though. Same with a way for SecAsses to actually combat people who find sunglasses or eye protection as if they only have a flash their chances seem pretty slim. 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When solo it tends to mean lower pop so I try to be more attentive to radio and any calls of murder or assistance, but also try to be available for anyone who needs me. Talking to the crew when I'm solo is more important due to relying on them more to revive or assist me if things go awry, and the same can be said the other way around.

For groups I tend to be rather similar to solo except a bit less tense due to knowing I have a huge group of peers to back me up if things go awry. Talking to my fellow officers is important, and maybe have some people be on cams early, or a checkpoint, etc. Communication is always key
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Boom goes the headset

"Was that mining says the crew?"
    Dead miner wails no
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? Biker gang secoffcs, but the bikes are the segways. Throw in the silly siren hats for extra fun!
  • Draw a picture! https://imgur.com/uR3HHRP I called it an ode to the old (I.E me), also that is a riot shield in hand, the old one from 2011 or so.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was job banned from everything except civiilian roles really early on in my career due to me being a really bad secoff back in 09. I was young and had no idea what I was doing. Eventually I appealed and got it back. I have never been banned from playing from my recollection, but I could be wrong.