Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More security busywork!!
Security on RP can be really dull, and it's causing them to blob up on traitors whenever they do pretty much anything. I think there's definitely room for some minor inconveniences that need a taser/baton and body armour.

I'm looking for ideas of things to add that would make sense to keep sec occupied, without being too lethal to crew (see: snake/scorpion hordes).

Idea #1, the simplest one: Change the 'spawn 20 wasps in the middle of medbay' to 'spawn 1 or 2 wasps in several of lesser-travelled areas'. Security are the ones with broad access (at least on RP) and are the most suited to patrol about and find things. Or get caught out in a maintenance shaft.

Idea #2: Monkeys occasionally get notably violent and start bashing things until pacified/stunned. For example, cracking windows (without breaking them). Tossing stuff at people, less aggressive but annoying, deliberate things. 

I have more ideas, but I have work to do. I could fit good ones in my coding schedule. probably. Post your own Sleeping bee
1.Monkey should become monkey madness spread from time to time if they hungry. To make security focus to control monkey quickly.
2.Accident from telesci make spawn abound of syndicate drone instead of a group of harmless rock worm
3.increase chance to malfunction AI happen
4.mouse rabies!
I do enjoy the idea of random events with dangerous critters / other mishaps. Most non-player-related events I've had to deal with in recent memory is wasps, and they're pretty simple. Perhaps the frequency or roll chance could be based on antag density, kinda like sleepers? In general, I feel like we're due for some extra events like this.

I don't want to step on wraith's toes too much, but I like the idea of hostile rats with bites that can cause some nasty afflictions... or hell, if you wanna make it more interesting you could slap a couple monkeys with a disease that transmits slowly to others. Lotta potential!
Here's a dumb but fun one: "Ticket Quota's"

Each officer must dispense atleast 2 tickets per round or else they miss out on a bonus. I do mean the ones with a fine and approved by a HoP/Captain/HoS.
A small incentive to do something stupid like road traps.
I like playing the "Clearly power tripping security member who wants to fine someone, but still a good cop in the end that doesn't resort to violence." Gig a lot.

Now the fine can litterly be 1 credit and it's just a fun incentive that can be ignored.

As for more emergencies... I will say this: 3 from Meaow589.. PLEASE NO! Do not make it more hell for AI players to give the security something to do.
The rest of the suggestion from both of you are fine.

But I do have other things for security to do, not just the standard emergency events increasing.

"A personal item hunt that is contraband." You know the things SPIEFS sometimes have to steal? Why not have one random crew mate item be contraband that security has to find and add a new one each 15 mins? Kinda like "Security Requisitions"

"The following item <<Item name not person>> was smuggled aboard the station and has been deemed contraband due to (Health risks/Being an illegal bootleg/Faulty Transport/Not paying the import tax) and has to be confiscated at all costs."

In my opinion... security doesn't need more emergencies but more moments to interact with crew and it being negative in this case.. just sets up comedy.
You know, thinking about it... We get those print-outs from central that talk about the "suspected" antags for the round, and they're almost always wrong. I love when sec roleplays the print-out briefing, but since we only ever get the one kind of print-out, it can get rather dull. I'm wondering if it could be a fun idea to have "central mandated Policy updates" come in from the top brass occasionally. Stuff like "Urgent documents" relating to station law and policy changes that are often kind of silly, or ask the security team to interact with the other departments in funny ways.

For example... Maybe central suspects that there's been an uptick in SERIAL LITTERING lately, and as a result... they will be officially demanding fines for litterers and demand a quota be met. Sec would then be given the opportunity to go around the station and watch for folks throwing trash around; interact with em a bit. Maybe even do a bit of brig RP for repeat offenders. Maybe you guys can think of better scenarios than I can, but the general idea is dumb or silly "company policy" updates that prompt security to hang out with the general station populace. This could increase the general frequency of tickets and fines, depending on the task central demands, too.

Of course, if things are busy right off the bat or antags aren't giving you a lot of time to do much else, you can flat-out ignore the system. It'd be there purely for prompting more roleplay interactions with security... But i think it could also be funny if these "policy updates" were displayed at the end of the round, similar to inspector reports.

Just my two cents, though!
i tend to busy myself by wandering around the station like an NPC usually to chat up people for later, helping out in understaffed departments, and stuff of that nature. i do think the miscreant system would work well on rp when you have clear laid out goals to cause just a little bit of trouble. (ie steal xyz item but be careful you're on your 2nd strike and you don't want to go back to space prison so don't go nuts)
More functionality to secmate, like adding security photos, printing forms, linking forms to a secmate profile, and maybe some way to get people to use the courtroom.
(03-18-2024, 10:03 AM)Kotlol Wrote: "A personal item hunt that is contraband." You know the things SPIEFS sometimes have to steal? Why not have one random crew mate item be contraband that security has to find and add a new one each 15 mins? Kinda like "Security Requisitions"

"The following item <<Item name not person>> was smuggled aboard the station and has been deemed contraband due to (Health risks/Being an illegal bootleg/Faulty Transport/Not paying the import tax) and has to be confiscated at all costs."

In my opinion... security doesn't need more emergencies but more moments to interact with crew and it being negative in this case.. just sets up comedy.

I like the idea of contraband hunt. I think you could work the mail and cargo system into that somehow as well, where sometimes it shows up hidden among legitimate orders
(03-21-2024, 01:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 10:03 AM)Kotlol Wrote: "A personal item hunt that is contraband." You know the things SPIEFS sometimes have to steal? Why not have one random crew mate item be contraband that security has to find and add a new one each 15 mins? Kinda like "Security Requisitions"

I like the idea of contraband hunt. I think you could work the mail and cargo system into that somehow as well, where sometimes it shows up hidden among legitimate orders

That would be hilarious and great! Smuggled goods appearing in mail and cargo orders would be a fun random something too!
Randomly generated arrest (or similar. inventory reports. contraband reports. idk) reports secoffs can file. Give them a small bit of cash for each report correctly filed. If they file one incorrectly the hop is legally allowed to murder them (or something)
(03-21-2024, 02:16 PM)Sord213 Wrote: Randomly generated arrest (or similar. inventory reports. contraband reports. idk) reports secoffs can file. Give them a small bit of cash for each report correctly filed. If they file one incorrectly the hop is legally allowed to murder them (or something)

a papers please-like minigame would be kind of fun
(03-21-2024, 01:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like the idea of contraband hunt. I think you could work the mail and cargo system into that somehow as well, where sometimes it shows up hidden among legitimate orders

the idea definitely has potential, im not sure where the balance would be between 'contraband security would actually collect' and 'contraband that isnt worth engaging with' lies though.
(03-22-2024, 02:45 AM)TDHooligan Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 01:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like the idea of contraband hunt. I think you could work the mail and cargo system into that somehow as well, where sometimes it shows up hidden among legitimate orders

the idea definitely has potential, im not sure where the balance would be between 'contraband security would actually collect' and 'contraband that isnt worth engaging with' lies though.

isn't pot contraband
Due to centcom policies beyond our control there could be announcement declaring products or actions suddenly illegal.

Perhaps stuff like weed suddenly gets illegallized or there is a new mandate about securing the halls to search people.
(03-21-2024, 02:16 PM)Sord213 Wrote: Randomly generated arrest (or similar. inventory reports. contraband reports. idk) reports secoffs can file. Give them a small bit of cash for each report correctly filed. If they file one incorrectly the hop is legally allowed to murder them (or something)

Papers please shit? Cause i am there for this

Actually really more.do not freed the monkeys