Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Put a Barcode scanner infront of cargo
A problem i very often ran into when playing mining/botany/rancher is cargo forgetting/prohibiting to let me to thr barcode scanner or bring in printed requisitions without a barcode (making me unable to check with the scanner if i fullfilled them). This is especially annoying if i do a requisition for someone and only another qm who doesnt know about the requisitions is there.

This all adds additional time and failure chances to a process that is not really profitable for the supplier in the first place.

If the barcode scanner is in front of cargo, i can run there, scan my ID, get the barcode, slap it on a welded shut crate and tell the QM's "sell this please". 

This is faster and safer for the supplier, since they made sure they get their money. It is also safer and faster for the QM, because they don't have someone not from their own department walking in there.

This would contribute to people actually wanting to sell at cargo instead of trying to sell their stuff in any other way possible.
I believe that remembering to use the barcodes and shipping manifest is directly the responsibility of the qm and should remain in their spaces in most cases
I agree since i should not give anyone ID or need to go to his place for just scan barcode