Natasha Narisktav HoS application
Usual character name: Natasha Narisktav
BYOND username: CypherXD
Discord username (if you are on our discord): cyphernx

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 3 and Goon 4

Reason for application: Security can be one of, if not the most difficult department in the entire game, and I've always been interested in being the person who teaches those who are willing to learn and in addition the presence of an HoS can lead the round to very fun or funny endings!

Security experience (300 word minimum): 
  • Security is by far my favorite department, I've been playing in it since I started at space station 13, starting as an assistant and I worked my way up and gaining experience and this process was really fun and made me learn a lot of things, nowadays I believe I can be an officer who can lead, coordinate a large team but also support when I realize that other people are already taking care of it (in the absence of an HoS) that is, I believe that I have the necessary experience both in the mechanics of the game and in the RP of the security department, I've been in pod fights, chases, fighting non-human threats, but I've also been convincing and listening to traitorous backstories through roleplay, and when we're in a quiet round, it's a chance to get to know the team, go over mechanics, and talk to the crew. After all this I can say with confidence that I am an officer who can lead, can deal with threats, can aplly fair punishments but also make the round fun for those who are "against us" because everyone is there to have fun, the game can be frustrating sometimes but it doesn't always have to be like this, maybe this is the most important thing I learned over this time:  There's someone else behind that antagonist who sabotaged all the doors of the station and that person is having fun! On a final note, I learned how to use the safety equipment, the importance of the armory and how to choose the right item depending on the threat we are dealing with, I learned when to be lighter or when to be more severe and it is something important to say is that we are always learning every day, whether it is gaining experience, learning mechanics, everything to try to help the crew in a more efficient way and have fun while we do it.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

• the most important advice is COMMUNICATION IS KEY, if you communicate with your team, asking questions, reporting suspicious activities you are already being totally useful, and not only communicate with your team, often communication with the bad guys can also solve problems in a faster and easier way (but of course sometimes we need our good aim it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it )

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

• Playing as a security officer one of my favorite moments is the pursuit of a criminal we know is dangerous, the tension of running through the maintenance tunnels with the risk of getting shotgun shot AT ANY MOMENT or when the traitor gets into a pod and we have to make sure he doesn't come back to attack the crew again,  Moments of action, when they happen with the right rp escalation, I believe are the most fun for both Security and Traitors 
  • An example of this was in a round where an armed and dangerous antagonist was demanding the delivery of Stir or he would start hurting the crew, and he had already proven that he could do it, after some planning we decided to take Stir to him but of course we had a plan for that moment, we covered Stir with a bedsheet and took him to the hangar for him to run away with the monkey and never come back,  But we put the plan into action, the antagonist was surrounded, and at the time when one of the of the officers went to deliver STIR, the person behind the antagonist opened a portal and a pulse rifle shot was fired IT WAS ALL A MATTER OF SECONDS and that threat was flying in space, this is one of my favorite moments because of the planning and organization that our team had

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

One of the gimmicks we did but I think we should do again was at Halloween time where all the officers dressed up in different ways and we went to patrol the station, I think it's super funny when the team decides to dress in an unconventional way and that draws a lot of attention from the crew too!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Also, sorry if you find any mistake about the writting... English isnt my first lenguage  space owl
I've had a few shifts with you as sec, and you seem like a very capable officer! Good communication and teamwork, and you definitely know your stuff! I haven't seen you teach or lead, but the rounds we were in were in didn't really provide any opportunity to. My initial outlook on you is positive, but I haven't seen enough of you yet to properly recommend you for HOS. I'll update this down the road if I get the chance to see more!