Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Underappreciated feature Appreciation Thread
Heart 
What's something that you think is really cool but is fairly unknown by the playerbase?

Maybe it's something that you saw an antag use once in a gimmick and have no idea how they did it (or a gimmick you want to do someday). Or a feature that you end up explaining to other people a lot. Or something that you found while code diving that you had no idea existed and were pleasantly surprised by.

Goonstation has a lot of obscure things in this vein. It's pretty much a given that no matter how much you play, there's always at least something you don't know about the game. Still, if you know something you think others should know about, here's a good spot to share it!
You can click drag an object on the ground to a tile one further away from you to push it away.
You can lock someone in the gene pod or cloning pod in the right click menu
Unintended critter interactions.

Namely.. Infinite eating and being able to drive the tug as a critter.
i might be biased but i wish the printing press in the chapel saw more use sometimes.
(03-11-2024, 12:33 AM)Tyrant Wrote: i might be biased but i wish the printing press in the chapel saw more use sometimes.

On that same note, I don't know anyone who's used the persistent bookshelf lol
(03-11-2024, 05:53 AM)Largeamountsofscreaming Wrote: On that same note, I don't know anyone who's used the persistent bookshelf lol

Persistant noticeboards too, although I'm also guilty of not checking them
Click-dragging vendors & machines on tiles to move their output loc has saved me a lot of unneeded clicking, great feature.
Putting different color light tubes into the tanning bed and then tanning yourself in that bed will change your skin to be closer to the hue of the light tube you put in, with it getting more saturated with each 'tan'.
(03-11-2024, 05:53 AM)Largeamountsofscreaming Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 12:33 AM)Tyrant Wrote: i might be biased but i wish the printing press in the chapel saw more use sometimes.

On that same note, I don't know anyone who's used the persistent bookshelf lol

I broke the server with it.
Drag a box inside your backpack so you didn’t to pick up it from your bag make it less suspicious and reduce time to use
i feel like radio show host as a whole job is underappreciated. you can use it for so many things, like if you really wanna rant about something you can just go off as much as you want and see if anyone kills you for it. its great. especially when people head over and u can just have a chat.
Talking about radio station, the syndicate cairgorn radio room is pretty neat thing. I like how we have a radio that can just boradcast nukie talk inside to the public. I know that people rarely use the room cause "the crew will know it is nukie", but for roleplay purpose, it is a fun room and second reality is a good song (and by roleplay purpoae, it also includes roleplaying in classic)
I love the fact the TEG can actually get grumpy and start stealing peoples blood. Inversely, I love the fact that the TEG can go from frustrated to all lovey-dovey if you give it enough care! I've only really seen that done twice, all other times it was beaten into submission.. poor TEG.
*flip as a boogiebot ghost-critter plays random sounds, including a gunshot.