Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Make Cargo more involved
This is an RP server after all. There is another suggestion to 'nerf' the chem dispenser because it has infinite chemicals in it. Maybe add a points system? Have the chem dispenser have a certain charge that needs to be refilled by an item ordered from cargo. Same for the barkeeps dispensers.

Cargo is there for import/export. Just like we can go order office supplies, we should go for restocking different dispensers!

I loved playing QM but stopped after it just became waiting around for miners to sell their ore and the occasional requisition. There's maybe 3-5 people coming to order this in the first 15 minutes of the shift and then you're just left alone unaware of whatever's happening around the station...

And slow down the mail! If there's only one QM make it spawn less mail, I love sorting the mail but getting 3 boxes just overwhelms you because markets shift quick. That's why most QM's just leave the mail outside of Cargo or just sell it.
We got two server styles: RP and Classic.

But it is true that Cargo only gets truely involved in a crisis or gimmick.
One thing we don't have to worry about with Cargo are things like shipping logistics, or item classifications, taxes and tarrifs

I think there's room to complicate the process of how the cargo you order and sell actually gets from point A to B
I do feel like a big problem with Cargo is the lack of gameplay. I mean, there's the general rat race in the beginning, but once you have 150-200k credits, there's not much need to keep working. As Kotlol mentioned, there is the problem of server culture between the RP and Classic servers, but maybe more requisition types, or a system to buy large upgrades for the station for large amounts of money could be cool. Something to keep you working on making more money and changing things up every round. I don't really know how the coding for that would work, but I figure this is more of an "ideas" thread anyways. 

Maybe something like a crafting system could be cool too? Obviously everyone can craft things, but giving QMs a more specialized role in matsci and manufacturing could be fun. A system requiring special parts bought on the Cargo console and refined material parts(akin to the captain's laser gun's reliance on matsci for it to be top tier) to manufacture new tools, machines, and weapons for the crew would be my idea, it'd be awesome to see Medbay coming to Cargo for an upgraded mender, or Engineering requesting some sort of omnitool, where the materials put into these items would make their crafted counterparts even better. Have the specialized "frame" parts for these tools be expensive to prevent rushing them as soon as the round starts, and to incentivize long-term money generation to buy more later.

Anyways, that's just my idea. I don't intend to do any real work on it, but maybe others would find it cool.  space bear
(03-04-2024, 05:24 AM)Dr. Puggers Wrote: This is an RP server after all. There is another suggestion to 'nerf' the chem dispenser because it has infinite chemicals in it. Maybe add a points system? Have the chem dispenser have a certain charge that needs to be refilled by an item ordered from cargo. Same for the barkeeps dispensers.

Cargo is there for import/export. Just like we can go order office supplies, we should go for restocking different dispensers!

I loved playing QM but stopped after it just became waiting around for miners to sell their ore and the occasional requisition. There's maybe 3-5 people coming to order this in the first 15 minutes of the shift and then you're just left alone unaware of whatever's happening around the station...

And slow down the mail! If there's only one QM make it spawn less mail, I love sorting the mail but getting 3 boxes just overwhelms you because markets shift quick. That's why most QM's just leave the mail outside of Cargo or just sell it.
I have visit QM many time for asking chem contracts.
some high ticket items would probably be nice. the traders rarely have anything nice and its not insane to buy them all out in their entirety.