Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important security improvements
Chike101 Wrote:
epicdwarf Wrote:Also, security borgs could be brought back.... AS A TRAITOR ITEM!
Law 1: Uphold The Law to the best of your ability.

Law 2: Present Hallpass

Law 3: I AM, THE LAWWW
The number one thing I would like to see is a Robocop, it would be nothing like a secborg, you would remain human and have an arm with a built in taser and a thing that puts on handcuffs, you would also have a helmet that has built in thermals and maybe some other cool gadget, the arm could possibly be a gauntlet type thing in the armory along with the helmet? Awesome Cylon Awesome Cylon Awesome Cylon
waffels5000 Wrote:The number one thing I would like to see is a Robocop, it would be nothing like a secborg, you would remain human and have an arm with a built in taser and a thing that puts on handcuffs, you would also have a helmet that has built in thermals and maybe some other cool gadget, the arm could possibly be a gauntlet type thing in the armory along with the helmet? Awesome Cylon Awesome Cylon Awesome Cylon
The return of Cyber Kolana MK2

CYBER KOLANA MK3
hipBEE Wrote:add siren helmets and megaphones so cops can be loud and annoying when they're on patrol

also if two megaphones are on the same square they should make that feedback noise

This is a very good idea, not sure about all of the other ones the thread was hijacked with though.
Yeah, someone made a megaphone sprite and everything, with the suggestion that it makes your text really big when talking with it.

I think that would be a great item to add in.
we aready have traitor borgs, though i keep asking for syndicate borg modules with switchblades and shit like that.
I've had quite a few ideas about sec since I started playing. I'll keep it quick.

1) Boots that act like weak mag-boots, you can be pushed down/whatever else but restrict another persons movement if you are looking at them. Feels like a necessary thing for sec to have imo, because getting people into cells/out of sec when things get busy would be things this idea could maybe fix. Take out portable flashers add these and nobody will force their way in 24/7. Riot shields would be radical, but these seem more appropriate to me.

2) Armor-vest tazer storage/general singe security item storage on an armor vest. Seems like a a natural evolution of the vest to me. Generally speaking officers are forced to belt the baton or the tazer. Clicking the armor vest if it's equipped on you with a tazer in your hand should allow you to store it in a possibly minimally-sprited chest-rig. Clicking a clearly 'holstered' vest should allow you to quickly put the tazer in the main-hand instead of moving it to the empty hand. IRL I work pretty closely with law enforcement where I live and typically they store their Tazer's on a hip holster or on their chest rig. Just seems like a neat idea to me.

3) Security belts. Pretty self-explanatory, seems like a good idea to me. Stores all kinds of things but could have special sprited inventory slots for tazer/baton/flash/cuff/flashbang etc. Nothing terribly new, just seems like a pretty obvious thing to implement.

4) Gas-mask/helmet combinations. Spooky intimidating helmets are in the 'space fascists' line of meta. I have no idea how to sprite, but if I could I'd do alot more to just make a crappy prototype sprite than type words about it. Something 90% black tactical-plastic and scaiwee' looking.

5) Sick-stick. It'd be funny as heck and vomit is implemented in the game already. Maybe not a popular idea, but I just think it'd be well suited on Goon. Knick' a grey-shirt and they get a flash level of stun, but the trade off is that the struck detainee gags/retches/pukes every so often. Could be OP as heck if not balanced properly but this could be super neat imo.

6) Dragging a cuffed person to bed-frames and other metal/sturdy stuff to cuff them to that object. Could be super useful to keep people immobilized in a pinch. Unno, seems like a pretty basic thing. Like bucklecuffing someone to a chair only weaker/not as oppressive. When you're dealing with multiple detainees outside the brig this could be REALLY handy.

7) Give the armory an anti-borg tool in-case the AI gets muddled with. Some kind of weapon that is purpose built to disable borgs for a short period of time that can be balanced over the course of time. Could be a thrown implement, a projectile weapon or some kind of specialty 'chip-remover'. Keep it HOSE access to cut off shitty officers from using this like they would. Giving the HoS a personal cyborg control console in the armory would also be pretty logical imo but alot of people probably wont agree with me on this one.

8) Why don't riot shotguns fit on the back slot if you don't have a backpack. Especially when it has a sling on it!

Bout it' for things I can recall now. Thanks folks.
Ebumwell Wrote:4) Gas-mask/helmet combinations. Spooky intimidating helmets are in the 'space fascists' line of meta. I have no idea how to sprite, but if I could I'd do alot more to just make a crappy prototype sprite than type words about it. Something 90% black tactical-plastic and scaiwee' looking.
you mean like... wearing a helmet and a gas mask at the same time? a thing that you can already do?

Ebumwell Wrote:6) Dragging a cuffed person to bed-frames and other metal/sturdy stuff to cuff them to that object. Could be super useful to keep people immobilized in a pinch. Unno, seems like a pretty basic thing. Like bucklecuffing someone to a chair only weaker/not as oppressive. When you're dealing with multiple detainees outside the brig this could be REALLY handy.
you can already buckle people to beds and chairs/beds are already pretty common on the station soooo

all the rest of these ideas would do is give a well-equipped force even more ways to ruin everything
Ebumwell Wrote:8) Why don't riot shotguns fit on the back slot if you don't have a backpack. Especially when it has a sling on it!

Second this one. Not sure about the others.
I'd love a shoulder holster, but only for the Detective. Let him draw his gun like a derringer by winking.
I do think that security should get some more fancy toys. Stun batons and tasers are good, but they're just a bit on the...bland side.

Also, making segways a bit easier to control would be appreciated, giving them a way to brake, or something. Running over people in segways is funny, yes, but it gets to the point that they start failing to serve their purpose and instead turns into a car wreck in waiting.
Quote:1) Boots that act like weak mag-boots..
I'm pretty sure these are in another server and they can be a bit obnoxious. Sec having pretty shiny boots would be nice though, not that it should have any different effect.
Quote:2) Armor-vest tazer storage/general singe security item storage on an armor vest..
Originally against this idea but what if we expanded this to ALL exosuits, so that exosuits need to be drag clicked to equip (or just click x/equip icon)
That way, space suits could have fun mini-slots, possibly for an oxy-tank or something, lab-coats could hold two beakers, armor a gun, etc.
Quote:3) Security belts..
Try wearing a normal belt, you'd be surprised what they can hold (pretty much everything bar stun baton and a gun) Also, always wear a PDA on the belt, you must fine everything that moves. What WOULD be a good idea is maybe give security a few of these belts anyway?
Quote:4) Gas-mask/helmet combinations.
These already exist
Quote:5) Sick-stick
Could be fun thing to buy off a space dealer, swap it for a stun baton. Would be pretty easy to code.
Quote:6) Dragging a cuffed person to bed-frames and other metal/sturdy stuff to cuff them to that object.
Not a fan off this idea. We don't need more ways to bucklecuff people.
Quote:7) Give the armory an anti-borg tool in-case the AI gets muddled with.
Very recently, flashbangs now work against borgs! Borgs move quite slowly unless they have speed booster, so I'd imagine this can be quite effective.
Quote:8) Why don't riot shotguns fit on the back slot if you don't have a backpack.
Because when do people DON'T have a backback?