Mentor Application
Usual character name: Gannon Abboud, Brayan Vargas

BYOND username: GregorySmash

Discord username (if you are on our discord): GregorySmash

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A

Goon servers you play: only the Roleplay ones

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): The reason for this application is because i feel like im pretty well versed in most areas of goon and in areas im not i can use the wiki’s quite well either way i feel i should DO something to genuinely improve the game after my previous experiences with the server and i also desire the ability to play as a spider during spooktober and generally want to help people who dont know how to play without being rude some more detail about my game experience i could talk about is how my favorite character for mechanics is AI and since that came with doing a lot of stuff i got decent in a lot of areas on the station this does include but is not limited to medical, engineering, cargo/mining and being nice and im able to learn this stuff pretty quickly i learned the engines standard burn completely in one round the only issues i have are with newer mechanics as i didnt play for a decent amount of time and i would be applying for admin but i dont think its best atleast for now to apply considering my previous actions also nobody really knows me on these servers also i believe being a mentor may be fun for me for some reason dunno why but i feel part of it is because my failed colonial marines mentor app https://forum.cm-ss13.com/t/mentor-application-gregorysmash/3524/13 i know this likely wont directly assist in my application but i can tell you my formatting has significantly improved since then and to conclude my little paragraph i would like to summarize my reasoning for applying which is the fact that i think i could improve the server and as a way to recover from my previous application for mentor on a different server being denied also because i wanna help people

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): cant list them all but its a very unnecessary amount for such a good server

Dang sorry that looks so bad color wise
I don't know much about you as a person but... this application seems very unprofessional.
The whole thing is one sentence, plus it's in black text for some reason.
You can edit forum posts after you've made them by clicking the edit button, so I strongly recommend you do that.

huh i could've sworn you could edit forum posts. my bad
(02-25-2024, 08:32 PM)Tyrant Wrote: I don't know much about you as a person but... this application seems very unprofessional.
The whole thing is one sentence, plus it's in black text for some reason.
You can edit forum posts after you've made them by clicking the edit button, so I strongly recommend you do that.

huh i could've sworn you could edit forum posts. my bad

you can't edit appeals- I had to message an admit to delete my post so I could rewrite it for that reason
Well, there's a... fair few things here that concern me
- Being able to play a bumblespider should not be one of your main selling points for why you should be a mentor. Neither should "Dunno it just sounds fun"
- You barely mention any of your experience beyond engineering and saying you like AI
- Your CM13 application isn't really relevant at all to Goonstation, as they are two very very different servers
- I've almost never seen you active in the discord though I could have just missed you
- You do not need to be a mentor to be a positive influence on the game
- Not listing at least the number of bans seems like a weird omitting of info

I've never seen you help others nor have I seen your activity at all in the discord, so I can't speak on that. However, I highly encourage you to keep improving and being a friendly member.
i personally doubt the need of professionality for a mentor role but i can see how it could be useful generally though and of course this does imply good behavior and generally being nice as common sense
(02-26-2024, 06:16 AM)Largeamountsofscreaming Wrote: Well, there's a... fair few things here that concern me
- Being able to play a bumblespider should not be one of your main selling points for why you should be a mentor. Neither should "Dunno it just sounds fun"
- You barely mention any of your experience beyond engineering and saying you like AI
- Your CM13 application isn't really relevant at all to Goonstation, as they are two very very different servers
- I've almost never seen you active in the discord though I could have just missed you
- You do not need to be a mentor to be a positive influence on the game
- Not listing at least the number of bans seems like a weird omitting of info

I've never seen you help others nor have I seen your activity at all in the discord, so I can't speak on that. However, I highly encourage you to keep improving and being a friendly member.
In my opinion i believe a first step for testing my capabilitys would be asking some questions that you see often and i was being honest because the nice things to say ran out quite fast
Turns out you've been playing longer than I ever would've guessed! That's nice to see but I haven't.. seen any of that playtime. Again, previous mentioned flaws I think are concerning to me. I will not be supporting this application for it's concerning formatting and lack of reasoning, as well have never seen you playing at all or being in the discord. If I see a change, seeing you have more of a presence and standing out as someone who could be a good fit for mentor, I'll change my tune.  -1 for now.

Since you asked, here's some questions:
"hey im new and im a botanist, what do i do??"
"how do i shower?"
"hey is security allowed to kill me if ive just been annoying them?"
"how could i build my own singularity?"
"what do i do as a traitor?"
Being a Mentor does not require perfect answers, I still get things wrong myself, but your responses will mean a lot.
Turns out you've been playing longer than I ever would've guessed! That's nice to see but I haven't.. seen any of that playtime. Again, previous mentioned flaws I think are concerning to me. I will not be supporting this application for it's concerning formatting and lack of reasoning, as well have never seen you playing at all or being in the discord. If I see a change, seeing you have more of a presence and standing out as someone who could be a good fit for mentor, I'll change my tune. -1 for now. Response: i personally dont use discord much at all so you wont see me on there unless you directly message me

Since you asked, here's some questions:
"hey im new and im a botanist, what do i do??" Response: I would start by plant some seeds you can vend them from the seed fabricator

"how do i shower?" Response Depends on map i would instruct them to the location of a bathroom then tell them to click on it will no clothing items on

"hey is security allowed to kill me if ive just been annoying them?" Response: i would ask for specifics then depending on the situation would instruct them to take it to the admins otherwise i would do my best to assist

"how could i build my own singularity?" Response: i would link them to the wiki and help them with any further questions they have
https://wiki.ss13.co/Singularity_Generator

"what do i do as a traitor?" Response: i would tell them that their goals can but dont have to be their goals automatically set they are to create roleplay by creating situations for the crew this could mean kidnapping the captain for kings ransom or stealing all the ships pets

Being a Mentor does not require perfect answers, I still get things wrong myself, but your responses will mean a lot.