Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[idea] prison game mode
The idea about map with large prison system and has 3 major department is Security , Prisoners, civilian (doctor,engineer,chef)
===================================
I has some inspiration from Escapist 
===================================
Prisoner 
This role is kinda like antagonist role in game which we can jailbreak out beat the sec or wait until get release by do the job in prison like help chef make food , harvest plant for chef , sort the mail ,  help engineer maintain engine 
====================================
Security 
This role is try to control prisoner to do their schedule like roll call , have a meal , simple like warden role 
Civilian 
This role is neutral role like a chef , doctor , engineer 
Chef is focus on make food for entire crew 
Doctor is healing patient 
Engineer is run engine and repairing**
Some special role that can play in late join should interesting too 
-Inspectors 
-Cirminal 
-Reporter 
-Spy
-Assasin
-Jailbreaker 
-Merchant 
-Clown
-Rival gang 
The different between the original escapist game and this is this mode need to follow space law and need real interaction between player
There are other codebases with systems like this in the form of permabrig and dedicated prisoner/warden roles, with varying amounts of focus (Foundation IIRC around 40-50% of the crew was prisoner class). I'm not sure that bringing that here would be super interesting or fun even in the form of an event map... My experiences with it have always been either mid or very negative. It would require a LOT of admin oversight to run.
(02-25-2024, 08:22 AM)JOELED Wrote: There are other codebases with systems like this in the form of permabrig and dedicated prisoner/warden roles, with varying amounts of focus (Foundation IIRC around 40-50% of the crew was prisoner class).  I'm not sure that bringing that here would be super interesting or fun even in the form of an event map... My experiences with it have always been either mid or very negative.  It would require a LOT of admin oversight to run.

Yeah you’re right