Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
[idea] surgical condition disease
As you see there is very few spontaneous emergencies disease that need surgical condition for treatment it should be great to make more doctor busy especially surgeon! Well I have some idea for the disease.
=================================
1.Liver disease
Since we have liver failure in game already but the patient in real life will come with ascites and jaundice add symptom of this is the good thing to make fun when people turn to yellow skin. Also there is some emergency disease live cholecystitis from gallstone this disease will trigger by high fat intake  and need to remove gallstones. (May be we need to add gall bladder organ in side the liver to make this mechanic)
2.Heart disease 
There is very low case to do heart surgery since we only need epinephrine and defibrillator so I suggest some disease like severe atrial fibrillation that require pacemaker surgery to heart to support patient heart and continue lifelong aspirin medication to make it more real and fun (since if the patient forget to eat drug or eat too much the patient can be death!)
3.Intestine disease 
Gut obstruction by eating too much food in one time can result like this so surgeon can open the intestine to remove obstruction 
4.Brain disease 
Stroke is kind of pain in the ass like real life because it can treat by 2 way 
First is continue life long aspirin or remove blood clot in hemorrhagic  stroke
5.Stomach disease 
Too much alcohol intake can result UGIB (upper intestinal gastrointestinal bleeding ) and result patient come with vomit with blood to treat it by blood transfusion and pro convert in for stop bleed and wait for surgery 
==========================================
We don't need more reasons to do surgery to be honest.

Medical is as intense as it is.
i think more surgical procedures would be good. surgeries would be in higher demand which would lead to people teaching other players how to perform the surgical procedures which would be nice
1. Can't think of a way to visualize yellow skin in a good way (even going pale doesn't change your skin tone) and adding another entire organ just to break it doens't sound like fun from a coding or gameplay standard, since we already have one.

2. As long as the solution doesn't require a heart transplant, and doesn't require a constant influx of medicine (painful to make and take) I'd be down. Heart transplants are pretty dicy, and I can see some people just cloning the victim rather than replacing the heart. Needing to cut someone open to add a pacemaker sounds like something that most surgeons could do.

3. 100% would love to see this, especially since it could add some chaos to vending machine food. Randomly needing to clear a blockage because you cheaped out on vending machine donuts, vs relying on the cook for garunteed safe food. Would make discount dan's food more on the level if all the food could do something bad.

4. Sounds like more of a medicine thing rather than a surgery thing, and since brain surgery still isn't using the new surgery system it could lead to accidental deaths and yet more ignoring mechanics for cloning.

5. IMO, feels a bit too out of left field gameplay wise for alcohol to kill not only your liver but your stomach too. I'd rather see something like this with food poisoning, or just from vomiting far too much.
(02-24-2024, 05:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think more surgical procedures would be good. surgeries would be in higher demand which would lead to people teaching other players how to perform the surgical procedures which would be nice

Thank for feedback!

(02-24-2024, 08:27 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: 1. Can't think of a way to visualize yellow skin in a good way (even going pale doesn't change your skin tone) and adding another entire organ just to break it doens't sound like fun from a coding or gameplay standard, since we already have one.

2. As long as the solution doesn't require a heart transplant, and doesn't require a constant influx of medicine (painful to make and take) I'd be down. Heart transplants are pretty dicy, and I can see some people just cloning the victim rather than replacing the heart. Needing to cut someone open to add a pacemaker sounds like something that most surgeons could do.

3. 100% would love to see this, especially since it could add some chaos to vending machine food. Randomly needing to clear a blockage because you cheaped out on vending machine donuts, vs relying on the cook for garunteed safe food. Would make discount dan's food more on the level if all the food could do something bad.

4. Sounds like more of a medicine thing rather than a surgery thing, and since brain surgery still isn't using the new surgery system it could lead to accidental deaths and yet more ignoring mechanics for cloning.

5. IMO, feels a bit too out of left field gameplay wise for alcohol to kill not only your liver but your stomach too. I'd rather see something like this with food poisoning, or just from vomiting far too much.
Thank for full description in each idea!