Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Photographer late-join job idea
Photo 
So I had an idea last round, how cool would it be if at the end of the shift you could see some funny photos from the shift? Here comes the photographer role! Take pictures throughout the shift and pick the best ones to put in the album, at the end of the shift you get a tab where it shows the crew, antagonists and the photographs from the round that were in the album! Great way to screen grab certain moments which crew might've missed or something to immortalize (temporarily) the best moments!

Anyways, this is just an idea that popped up looking at how tourists never actually take meaningful photos and having a role that can work towards a goal of sharing the best moments seems like a nice or perhaps funny way to end the round.

EDIT: The "Album" tab could be where you get to switch between the crew credits and antagonist roles currently.
i love the idea of this, imagine all the funny antics that could be done with it, or all the dumb moments where the photographer just has an album full of buttheads or something
(02-22-2024, 05:33 PM)Solwra Wrote: So I had an idea last round, how cool would it be if at the end of the shift you could see some funny photos from the shift? Here comes the photographer role! Take pictures throughout the shift and pick the best ones to put in the album, at the end of the shift you get a tab where it shows the crew, antagonists and the photographs from the round that were in the album! Great way to screen grab certain moments which crew might've missed or something to immortalize (temporarily) the best moments!

Anyways, this is just an idea that popped up looking at how tourists never actually take meaningful photos and having a role that can work towards a goal of sharing the best moments seems like a nice or perhaps funny way to end the round.

EDIT: The "Album" tab could be where you get to switch between the crew credits and antagonist roles currently.

We could tie this into the Journalist, with the latest hot scoops from the failed station and scandelous pictures attached! Or just pictures with a tagline and a paragraph attached like the start of an article.
This sounds basically like the tourist but with a more fun end goal then "Just tourist"

Now we got an investigator who wants to make the perfect scoop. Fun for RP!
(02-22-2024, 07:42 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:33 PM)Solwra Wrote: So I had an idea last round, how cool would it be if at the end of the shift you could see some funny photos from the shift? Here comes the photographer role! Take pictures throughout the shift and pick the best ones to put in the album, at the end of the shift you get a tab where it shows the crew, antagonists and the photographs from the round that were in the album! Great way to screen grab certain moments which crew might've missed or something to immortalize (temporarily) the best moments!

We could tie this into the Journalist, with the latest hot scoops from the failed station and scandelous pictures attached! Or just pictures with a tagline and a paragraph attached like the start of an article.

Would be nice to have a newspaper segment honestly, not sure how it would work with sorting images and text together though but it could apply to the Journalist. The reason why I chose to make a specific role for this was just how inspector gets their own dedicated screen for their notes, but if the Journalist could work in a same way with more newspapery kind of way it would be pretty neat!

EDIT:
(02-23-2024, 03:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote: This sounds basically like the tourist but with a more fun end goal then "Just tourist"

Now we got an investigator who wants to make the perfect scoop. Fun for RP!

The idea stems from how tourists take photos but they rarely serve any other purpose than to litter the station or take photos of complete nonsense, perhaps this idea could be worked into the tourist but the problem is there could be an image spam at the end considering the role has slots for multiple players. I like Dhaidburt's idea of integrating this to a Journalist more than mine honestly, I think adding a special news segment to tell a story in round end credits incentivizes Journalists to be eccentric in order to get their stories and adds alot more depth to the role.
I think you could have something like "Newspaper" as spacebux purchase, where you can choose to buy the newspaper from the last round and read it as a physical game item. Or something like a vacation photo package, where you get an album full of photos from the last round

Also, If you do a newspaper, there's gotta be an extra section added for the comics on Sunday.

I like this idea
I love this idea, but photos should probably be improved first. Right now, they're just... not really that useful? I'm not a coder, but it'd be cool if they were more like on other servers, where you examine them and it shows you a screenshot of whatever was photographed and you can adjust the size of the photo (3x3 to 6x6). With the current system, it's very difficult to capture a proper scene.
(02-25-2024, 06:53 AM)Chasu Wrote: I love this idea, but photos should probably be improved first. Right now, they're just... not really that useful? I'm not a coder, but it'd be cool if they were more like on other servers, where you examine them and it shows you a screenshot of whatever was photographed and you can adjust the size of the photo (3x3 to 6x6). With the current system, it's very difficult to capture a proper scene.

Not sure how this works on other servers but was thinking of having them be like screen grabs instead of the current way the photos are displayed.