Cindertroy | Hazel Bombsky Mentor Application
Big Grin 
Usual character name: Hazel Bombsky, BombskyAI, radio powered door opener
BYOND username:Cindertroy
Discord username (if you are on our discord):Cindertroy
Recommended by (if applicable):  Babby Finalay (The basic Beetle) sort of, exact wording is "You could do it"
Goon servers you play: Goon1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I first discovered SS13 and Goonstation 3 years ago after watching a video by the YouTuber Nurse called "Basically I saved everyone from dying". The game looked complicated and deep, which is my sort of game, and so I decided to give it a try. I ended up joining goonstation and didn't understand the controls and disconected. Sometime later I decided to play again and ended up playing security and mechanic.

Recently I have been playing mostly engineer and artsci. However recently I have also learnt how to play Botanist, QM, Learnt how to do Toxins and Telesci and finally learnt how to set up the nuclear engine. I feel I have a good basic idea of what to do as most of the jobs. I will admit I do make use of Mentorhelp from time to time and ask people for help when I dont know how to do something.

I feel I have a good grasp of most of the antags and their abilities and weaknesses, apart from wraith which I believe I have only ever been once.

However I want to apply to Mentorhelp as I very much enjoy helping people figure out their job/traitor role. It is a rewarding experience and I would enjoy to become a mentor to help newer people or people doing a job they have never done before, especially the more hard to figure out things such as telesci and DWAINE 'basics'. I have spent my time helping many people get up to speed/doing basic stuff and I very much enjoy it.

I have around 700 hours but have only started trying to be a more active member of the community and talking in the discord and such recently. Though, obviously, as a mentor I would be much more active - especially in the questions channels.

Experience

[Engineering]

Engineering is undoubtly the department I have the most time in. Though, admittedly, I have only started setting up the engine recently. As I mainly use to play Mechanic before it got merged into engineering.

I have set up the singulo and singulo feeder, both to singuloose and power the station.

Recently I have figured out how to power the station using the Nuclear Reactor - which I have only melted down one time - and how to set up the coldloop.

I have created many mostly silly things with mechcomp, I have created many things using packets and mechcomp. One of my favourite, albiet kind of useless, was a handheld spy microphone which could walk around through the use of a PDA app.

I have also used the device analyser to set up teleport rooms in the mechlab, which is where I get most of my telesci experience. I have used to steal things and understand the fundementals of it.

Construction is another thing I am good at, I know how and have constructed lawracks for rogues AI. I understand what needs to be ordered and when to fix and maintain the station

[Security]

Security is a job I use to main a while back, though I dont play it as much now I still do occasionally and I try my best to maintain communication and teamwork as a secoff. Though I dont play this as much as I am far from robust and It's not exactly the nicest for my teammates to deal with me getting slaughtered and robbed.

I do however understand most of the basic procedures as sec, such as testing, the portabrig and doing my best to maintain fun for everyone - antags included. So I do my best to not let the antag get stripped of all their gear too early in the round

[Command]

I have quite a few rounds put in captain, and usually use it to do gimmicks or mess around. While captain doesn't have any real expectations like the other jobs I still try my best to help security out, and during rev rounds I try my best to get communication and connect with the other heads. Though once again I do mostly avoid captain due to the reasons I said in security.

[Civilian]

I have played a lot of staffie and enjoy playing them mostly to do gimmicks, I feel my favourite gimmick as a staff assistant was when I started with a pirate accent and a toy sword and decided to roam around the station as a pirate and recruit people to my crew, eventually an admin gave me the antag pirate outfit and I recruited many members to my pirate crew. Eventually, I got murdered by a vampire and dragged to space. I have had several other staffie gimmick experiences and it is probably my number o

Recently I have put a few rounds in as botany and understand the basics of splicing, mutations and what the chems do to a basic extent. I could, probably, given enough time make the things I would like to. I feel like I'm going to play a lot more botany as it does feel very fun.

[Medical]

Probably the department I have the least experience in, I understand what the majority of the medical chems do and which ones to use in which scenario. Though that is about as far as my knowledge goes. I did for a while play roboticist for most rounds, though I only vaguely remember what to do to create AI borg shells and the like

[Science]

I have quite a few rounds put in as science, mainly focusing on artscience, and I understand all of the different types of artifacts and all the types of activators. I have recently been dipping my toes into telesci and toxins, and have managed to make a few - i think - maxcap ttvs. I have touched on telesci but mostly as an engineer.

I can use dwaine to a pretty good extent, and know what you need to use certain tools and how to sniff/spoof certain packets. Though I am no expert at either of those things.

[Silicon]

I have recently begun playing AI again and I feel I have a very good grip of the controls. I understand that you should be somewhere in-between supercopping and letting crew be murdered idly, and the point you sit at should change based on the current point in the round.

I have used the tools AI has when rogue to defend my core for extended periods of time and/or completely destroy the lawrack/station, through the use of singulos, different gas floodings, bolting and setting up distractions to give myself and the roguer more time. 

[Antagonists]

I make heavy use of my arsenal as an antagonist, I have a few times done gimmicks as an antag. Though a lot of the time I also do just rampage. I do, usually, spare certain people who seem to do doing gimmicks/spending shift time creating something interesting. 

I am not the most robust, and have n2o flooded myself and got bailed out by other antags an embarrassing amount of time  fat and sassy space-bee

----------------------------------------------

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I can't remember to be fair, I can remember one from the RP servers due to the fact I had no idea how to realistically escalate conflict and was a ling and tried, and failed, to singoloose.

I remember I got banned another time on roleplay for being an arc det and just shooting at round-end because once again I couldn't escalate the conflict in roleplay. After this I turned my antag rolls off RP and then moved back to classic eventually.

I believe there was a third time due to me at one point as an AI requesting to be rogued and opening my doors, which looking back on it was profoundly stupid.

I feel I have a better grips on the rules and dont really break them/push them anymore.

Messages In This Thread
Cindertroy | Hazel Bombsky Mentor Application - by Cindertroy1 - 02-16-2024, 05:05 PM