Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Make spes better at destroying doors and windows
Currently spes takes 6 shots to destroy a door, and 3 shots to destroy a window. With how limited ammo it is, the current state means that doing this isnt really viable just because you're expending a sixth of your total ammo to take down a door. While I don't think spes is in need of a buff, I do think that making it take like 3 shots to destroy a door and 1 shot to destroy a window will make how you use it much more interesting as it gives it a good mobility vs doing damage tradeoff, thus making it more fun to play with/against.
i dont think its primary or even secondary use should be like, breaking doors or walls. if you have a non-explosive gun you should probably be using it to shoot at people, not walls. and letting it break obstacles easier is in fact a huge buff, its giving you an entire option that wasnt really there before. giving a new option to expend ammo isnt a balance neutral change, its just adding more flexibility and giving you even more ways to rampage or get out of sticky situations that a single gun (for killing people) shouldnt be giving. thats like giving most of the benefits of a RPG except without the risk of getting yourself exploded. itd be way too well-rounded and be the perfect and best way of starting off a rampage and getting snowballing
(02-11-2024, 07:32 PM)Snoid Wrote: if you have a non-explosive gun you should probably be using it to shoot at people, not walls. and letting it break obstacles easier is in fact a huge buff, its giving you an entire option that wasnt really there before. giving a new option to expend ammo isnt a balance neutral change, its just adding more flexibility and giving you even more ways to rampage or get out of sticky situations that a single gun (for killing people) shouldnt be giving.

I'm well aware this is a buff, but that being said, I just think itd be a fun change. Honestly I dont find the spes great at rampaging when it comes to magnitude, it costs 8 tc (which severely limits your purchase options), and you get only 40 shots with it. Considering it takes ~3 shots to kill someone with the spes, that's only a max of 13 people you can kill with it, and in practice that number will be closer to 8-10ish especially when going against secoffs. You can of course use this to basically be hardmode traitor after your spes is finished, but at that point just buy a csaber instead and be strong throughout all of your rampage

I think leaning into the fact that it has low ammo, and make having an active tradeoff of using spes for getting through doors, vs saving ammo and using hacking would be fun even though it'd make it stronger. It means that AI bolts will lead to wasted ammo, bombastically breaking into security by shooting down their door would be a viable option, etc etc. And for the non antagonist side of things, the spes rampager is actively leaving a trail of broken doors (And giving future work to engineers), both of which I think are good gameplay.
I think that's fair. I would not make it as trivial as woth the c-saber, but being bolted in with your limited ammo rampage weapon sucks.
I'm envisioning accidentally broken windows and spaced environments when you don't have the time to put on internals, so I think it should just barely not destroy windows in one shot. Shoot and punch it, and then window breaks.

I'm also down for 3 shot door destruction, doors rarely break and it could be REALLY cool to go all terminator and shoot down the door someone flees through all badass like instead of shooting a door 6 times, reloading, and chasing to another door.
(02-12-2024, 12:36 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I'm envisioning accidentally broken windows and spaced environments when you don't have the time to put on internals, so I think it should just barely not destroy windows in one shot. Shoot and punch it, and then window breaks.

For clarification, its one shot to destroy the window itself, it just takes two shots to destroy the grille, while it should probably take like one.
(02-13-2024, 03:19 PM)Ikea Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 12:36 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I'm envisioning accidentally broken windows and spaced environments when you don't have the time to put on internals, so I think it should just barely not destroy windows in one shot. Shoot and punch it, and then window breaks.

For clarification, its one shot to destroy the window itself, it just takes two shots to destroy the grille, while it should probably take like one.

A grille doesn't seal against space though, does it?
I think it definitely could use a buff in becoming a 3-hit door breaching weapon. Overall spes for me feels like a less economical predator, where predator benefits from the fact you can get more (albeit weaker) rounds to it and I think it also uses 6 shots to take down a door. In my opinion it definetly should get some extra utility for the cost it comes with.