Complaint Unreasonable ban II
Hey folks,

Today I was roleplaying a nice tollman on one of the maps, and the toll was people to say, "hi" or some sort of greeting to me. I was trying to be a really nice guy and have a nice experience. I even got a bunch of people to RP with me, and I had a rival who'd do everything he could to avoid "paying" the toll.
While doing this, I welded the door right next to the toll area so people couldn't just skip the toll, cause I feel like that's not playing by the rules, and my RP would be void if everyone just walked around, which is what people were doing.

I got pulled in by an admin to some far off room away from RP, completely ruining all of that, and she wanted me to openly say, "I won't weld doors shut as security" when I was trying to explain and appeal my pulling aside in the first place.

Well, she banned me for thirty days, and knowing how long it takes usually on immediate appeal, it'll be a long time before I come back despite her saying I could come back if I appealed now.

I'm actually so sad that I got banned like that, I feel it was wholly unnecessary especially seeing as the round was over at that point. I was also trying to tell her I don't like people reporting me out of nowhere without talking to me in character, if I was told in character I would've stopped, being told off by an admin who had to warp me away really got me upset. Like, I'm actually crying, I dunno I'm kinda stupid I guess.

Anyhow, that's all.
You were pulled into the admin prison because I realized our conversation was probably not going to be quick, and I didn't want you standing around in a hallway SSD while people tried to interact with you without you responding. This is pretty standard stuff, especially in a game like SS13 where you might be killed while you're focused on your conversation with the admins.

Quote:I'm actually so sad that I got banned like that, I feel it was wholly unnecessary especially seeing as the round was over at that point. I was also trying to tell her I don't like people reporting me out of nowhere without talking to me in character, if I was told in character I would've stopped, being told off by an admin who had to warp me away really got me upset.

It is not the responsibility of players to confront your rulebreaking behavior in-character. We have admins, and a report functionality, for a reason.

Our conversation could have been over extremely quickly. It was not.

Here are the logs of our interaction. I believe they speak for themselves.
I didn't read the rules saying not to peanut post in other people's admin feedback posts.