Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sound accessibility features (?)
I'm unsure how feasible this would be to code or anything but as something with severe sound sensitivities I've brought it up with others and other people agree that there are just some things in Goon that are Not Nice On The Ears, either intentionally or not. Such as annoying ducks, tinnitus ringing/emagged phones, the sound that drains make in general, stuff like that. 

So something like a toggleable accessibility option to turn this stuff off might be a good idea! I talked about it on Pete's stream literally like ten minutes or so ago. Feel free to add other noises that trigger any sensitivities or are just generally unpleasant.

For instance, the drain sound makes me want to CRY. I'm completely serious.
Will bug sound-devs about this, thanks. Would appreciate others chiming in with harsh/unpleasant sounds!
Also, generally, is it the volume of the sound, or the sound itself? We could lower the volume on those super easily, but I don’t personally know what makes a given sound unpleasant or triggering or whatever.
I only really have issues with the drain sound personally, and it's definitely not a volume thing. It's just the general... I dunno, it's hard to explain *why* I hate certain noises but such is the life of being misophonic. The general jist of it is pitch, repetitiveness, and the way it feels like its crawling into my ear. Which isn't really something tangibly fixable but. You get it I hope.
Here's some tips to help with that.

You can adjust sounds on Pitch, DBs and such. You can make misophonic versions of those sounds were the wave lengths are pushed down to acceptable limits.
Then just add an option of "Misophonic mode" and boom we got accesability baby!

The problem is as junori points out, some sounds are hard to fix like being repititive. You could just put a sound cooldown in the misophonic mode for sounds from the same sound source?
Repetitive noises are hard to fix I am afraid, but I know altering sound files is possible, but just time intensive.